^^title-2279^^

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Looks nice, hope there'll be an english release soon!
biggrin.gif

subanark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I played the first two when they came out... unfortunally you really need to understand Japanese to effectivly play this.
There have been walkthoughs produced for these, its something on my todo list.

If this is like the first 2, the battle system is somewhat like Tales of Phantasia, an action RPG, but only one character and you have a wide selection of weapons that you make. Now if only we could get someone like ChibiSoma to do a walkthough like he does for MMBN games (when they are still in Jap) I would end up playing this game all weekend.

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
North America usually gets the short of the stick when it comes to RPGs
frown.gif
Those Japanese people think of North Americans as "brutes" and "thugs" who only like shooting, fighting, racing and sports games. Anything that even remotely challenges the mind, they have second thoughts about bringing here
frown.gif
it's like they think we're cavemen or something. That's one of the reasons we'll probably never see any of the Brain Training games that were so successful on the DS.

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Banpresto is just a publisher. This was developed by Flight-Plan. Even games that only say "© Banpresto" or whatever on the title screen were probably developed by an uncredited company.

And Zaraf, you're talking out of your arse.

L

lastdual

I think it's more that most US publishers don't want to invest the time and money to translate a game that no one over here has heard of, especially on a system most people consider to be on its last legs. Too bad, as this game does look cool.

I'm still surprised we got Riviera....

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
North America usually gets the short of the stick when it comes to RPGs
frown.gif
 Those Japanese people think of North Americans as "brutes" and "thugs" who only like shooting, fighting, racing and sports games. Anything that even remotely challenges the mind, they have second thoughts about bringing here
frown.gif
 it's like they think we're cavemen or something. That's one of the reasons we'll probably never see any of the Brain Training games that were so successful on the DS.

it will come out.... nintendo has officialy said it...

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Banpresto is just a publisher. This was developed by Flight-Plan. Even games that only say "© Banpresto" or whatever on the title screen were probably developed by an uncredited company.

Am I now? What I said is quite true. Although, this stereotype that the Japanese have of North Americans isn't AS bad as it was like 15 years ago, but it's there. Why do you think we missed out on so many good RPG titles and such? Squaresoft released the original Final Fantasy in North America as an after thought, FF2 and FF3 never saw an english release do to various factors, one of which this same concept. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest was made targetting the American audience...they thought the RPG had to be that easy otherwise, the "brutes" would get confused and hate it. Why do you think they gave us a watered down version of Final Fantasy 4 on the SNES? I'm just using the Final Fantasy series just cause it's a good example. It was worse before, and now it's not as bad...but this is still why we miss out on a lot of good RPGs. And also some companies don't want to waste money on translating and stuff when they don't think their game will make much money overseas...again a concept which stems from the above bias.

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil

Am I now? What I said is quite true. Although, this stereotype that the Japanese have of North Americans isn't AS bad as it was like 15 years ago, but it's there. Why do you think we missed out on so many good RPG titles and such? Squaresoft released the original Final Fantasy in North America as an after thought, FF2 and FF3 never saw an english release do to various factors, one of which this same concept. Final Fantasy Mystic Quest was made targetting the American audience...they thought the RPG had to be that easy otherwise, the "brutes" would get confused and hate it. Why do you think they gave us a watered down version of Final Fantasy 4 on the SNES? I'm just using the Final Fantasy series just cause it's a good example. It was worse before, and now it's not as bad...but this is still why we miss out on a lot of good RPGs. And also some companies don't want to waste money on translating and stuff when they don't think their game will make much money overseas...again a concept which stems from the above bias.
Yup, so true. And that don't happen with only Rpgs, as a lot of space shooters also got watered down when released overseas.
Don't forget the awesomely terrible voice overs they do in a lot of games (instead of just putting english subtitles or such, that would save up a lot of time in the adaptation process, or do they think we can't read and watch scenes at the same time?), or just changing japanese songs to instrumental music, or worst, censoring everything...

I'm going to try this out Asap
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.