memyselfandi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i have the original dr mario on the nes

-...And? Please don't post worthless things. Comment about the game or the release, or go to the testing forum and babble.

Jojjy Ugnick

shake your bonbon
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The versions of the games included in this pack are lacking...
dry.gif

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Its called Puzzle League and not Tetris because Nintendo doesn't really hold any more rights to the name Tetris as it is controlled by the evil Tetris Corporation.

Remember, Dr. Mario is not a real doctor, do not let him touch your genitals.

Vince989

Still lurking around, sometimes...
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The Puzzle League part is the exact same gameplay as Tetris Attack/Pokemon Puzzle League/Pokemon Puzzle Challenge as far as I could tell, with more options you can choose in the options menu. However, there is NO story at all, a big letdown... The gameplay itself is great, I was just deceived was I saw the Jap release and hoped it would end up less bare-bones, but no...
frown.gif
There are still a good amount of game modes, along with 20 scales of computer AI difficulty, which should be a challenge for almost everyone, except the masters; I'm pretty sure they'd pwn the best AI...
tongue.gif
Myself, I play usually around lvl 15 in Time Attack, the mode I play the most, and a "good game" for me is around 10k...
smile.gif
My best score, which I got on the Super NES in Multiplayer mode : 18 337
smile.gif

It might do a good introduction for pretty much everyone, since the AI fits for a wide array of players...
smile.gif

And for Dr. Mario, I didn't really check it that much, I'll others describe it here...
happy.gif

- Vince989

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Its called Puzzle League and not Tetris because Nintendo doesn't really hold any more rights to the name Tetris as it is controlled by the evil Tetris Corporation.

Remember, Dr. Mario is not a real doctor, do not let him touch your genitals.
Puzzle League is nothing like Tetris
lecture.gif

They shoulda shoved Pokemon Puzzle Challenge (with updated graphics) on there instead - same game, more stuff.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bah, who gives a shit how it looks or that it doesn't have pokemon slapped all over it! It's Tetris Attack/Panel De Pon/Pokemon Puzzle League/Pokemon Puzzle Challange? Fuck it. It's all the same! An absolutly fucking great puzzle game that I never am bored with. And Dr. Mario right up there beside it, a fantastic package indeed.

face_kicker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bah, who gives a shit how it looks or that it doesn't have pokemon slapped all over it! It's Tetris Attack/Panel De Pon/Pokemon Puzzle League/Pokemon Puzzle Challange? Fuck it. It's all the same! An absolutly fucking great puzzle game that I never am bored with. And Dr. Mario right up there beside it, a fantastic package indeed.
He's right, I couldn't give a crap what they call it either, it's a great. I wonder if it'll work in my X-Rom though? I tried the Japanese version and that didn't work.

Chlikaflok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Seems like it won't work in my xrom. It gets to the "Select game" screen then no matter which game I take it goes white screen of doom. I put the game on the cart using LittleWriter 1.0.8.4 with auto-trim and auto-savepatch on. I tried changing the auto-patchers on and off to make sure the patches weren't corrupting my game but it still won't work. If anyone knows a workaround I'd be happy to hear it because it's such good games for so little space on the cart.

Cheers and hope!
Chlikaflok

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The reason I give a shit about if it's Yoshi or Pokemon is because they have a neat little story mode involved. Generic puzzlers like Puzzle League don't.

Wolverine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puzzle League just ain't grabbing me the way it did when it was Tetris Attack. Couldn't they have just made it Yoshi Attack or something..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: Just started God of War 2 on the PS2