1. ChaosTheorySD

ChaosTheorySD GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Pirating this must be like the greatest sin in the universe or something.

Well maybe not the greatest, but we're talking major Eternal Damnation points, here.

2. dEC0DED

dEC0DED
    Newcomer

Canada
    oh shit. so tru...

/me flashes it on all his carts

3. blackeromegalon

blackeromegalon GBAtemp Regular

Saudi Arabia
    If by greatest you mean the best, then you're right!

Actually, paying money to play this game would be an even greater sin.

4. berlinka

berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    My heart broke when I saw how people here react on something as wonderful as the Bible. I'm sad because you all are making fun of the Holy Bible. You know you are sinning for writing such things? You cannot make fun of this SERIOUS subject. I pray for you all that the Lord may forgive you. I just think it's a damn shame you all think such fucked up thoughts. I am really getting fucking angry about those goddamn sinners in here. I really like to fucking kill the next son of a bitch who tries to curse in here!!! Jesus-fucking-Christ!!!!!!!

5. Chill

Chill Advanced Member
    Newcomer

''Unlock Jesus in this futuristic space-FPS''
    Can I have Jesus holding Ak-47?
    And yes Jesus protect us from deceivers ahahahahah [​IMG]
    EDIT:Btw anyone noticed the girl on the screenshot looks like Catherine Zeta-Jones? [​IMG]

6. jumpman17

jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
    Former Staff

United States
    This is almost as bad as the people on reality tv shows that think God will help them win the money and they pray to God that he lets them win if that is his will...

7. Tdon

Tdon GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Haaaaaaaahahaha hahahahhhaaaaaaah hahaaahhaaa! [​IMG]

Let's load up a huge OMG for this one guys! (Or maybe not... we could be misunderstood, thinking that we like this game ^^) If this game doesn't feature Jezus walking on water killing badguys with a bazooka, someone should really hack the game!

8. MajinGohan

MajinGohan GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    I can imagine a minigame where you have to navigate Baby Moses down the river by dodging the obstacles. If you fail you´ll get a "Oh no! Now the pharao will never let your people go! Now Jesus can´t be born!" message.

9. Issac

Issac I
    Supervisor

Sweden
    what the.... I'm actually interested in this game... I think it looks good....

10. Tempest Stormwin

Tempest Stormwin Kweisatz Haderach
    Former Staff

Canada
    It was nice knowing you. [​IMG]

That said, I think the majority of this thread is mocking the mere creation of a "bible game" rather than the bible itself. And that's what makes it funny.

I do have to warn people, though: Religion has the single-worst track record of closed topics here (even over politics). Accept that others believe differently than you when you walk in the door, and leave any complaints or spiritual discussions where they belong (i.e. not here), if you possibly can. Even if you feel you can be civil and calm about it, someone else probably will not be.

-Tempest out.-

11. CharlieF

CharlieF GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok, I just had to comment.
    I think it is funny that it is a Bible game and there is no option to be saved.
    Thus, no matter how well you play or know the Bible, you can never be saved.
    Kinda ironic, no?

12. Hadrian

Hadrian Everybofy knows badgers like MASH POTATOES!
    Former Staff

United States
    How is it? Is it actually from god itself? If anything its the publishers who are sinning for asking for money for something that is based on the bible!

13. Foppzter

Foppzter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Are you serious or are you joking?

14. Eruonen

Eruonen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I'd play this if it was from wisdom tree... lolz
    http://www.encyclopedia-obscura.com/gamesbible.html
    lmao

15. berlinka

berlinka You have sustained a lethal injury.

Netherlands
    Sorry, Tempest, I figured you'd be smarter than that. Anyway, let me clear out I was joking like hell. I really don't care about religion. Bible, Religion, whatever...Although I do believe there's more between heaven and earth. I once played in a band, one of our songs was called "Religion Sucks". It killed too many people in history. Maybe it's food for thought: make a sequel to Advance Wars: Religion Wars...

16. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    This game is an idiot! Crave Entertainment is stupid. [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. memyselfandi

memyselfandi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    why are you using personification?

18. Tempest Stormwin

Tempest Stormwin Kweisatz Haderach
    Former Staff

Canada
    And only my initial line was in direct response to that post -- which, as I'd hoped the smiley would indicate, was demonstrating that I understood it as a joke, and was replying in kind. The second part of my post was directed to the forum in general.

That said, this quoted post is exactly what I was mentioning should be kept out of the forum. Keeping religion to yourself also applies in the absence of religion, or else it's a double standard that just becomes another powder keg.

-Tempest out.-

19. hobotent

hobotent GBAtemp Regular

United States
    im actually (unlike u guys) going to try it.

20. morrisseyshair

morrisseyshair GBAtemp Regular

United States
    That is irony at its most beautifulest. [​IMG]

I have as much contempt for religion as the next person but I think even real salt of the earth Christians know not everything with 'Jesus' and 'Bible' on the cover is any good or even entertaining. Most of it is boring: movies, games, tv shows, music (!!!!!), etc, etc, so I think our cynicism is well founded. Granted, if a developer actually had the balls to inflict the Bible into some third person shooter where we played as Moses and we had to fight the Egypt and it had all the bells and wistles of a real video game (killer graphics, excellent voice acting, well paced plot, cool gameplay, etc) I wouldn't care what it was based on - the number one rule for video games is make it fun!

I think when a developer and publisher finally get the balls to bring the violence, blood and gore of the Bible onto a video game then we can take a good hard long look at it.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - ^^title, 2237^^,