Hacking Tired of seeing prince caspian...

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im not sure if this has been asked, and if its in the stickies I guess i will make myself seem stupid, but I really want to make my acekard look like a different game, instead of always seeing it on my ads home screen as prince caspian. Plus, when I street pass friends at school, they think I'm really weird for constantly playing prince caspian... is there any way to change the game icon? Thanks and sorry if I'm making you awnser this for the four trillionth eight hundred sixty-four billionth, nine hundred ninetey nine millionth, thousand and first time.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Flash you DS with flashme, then set you DS to auto-boot, there never see it again.
That's if you are still using a DS lite or Phat, otherwise you are SOL till the acekard team changes it.

loco365

Trophies
XP
@Rydian I'm rather curious as to why the icon is part of the bypass. I always thought "Why can't we simply change the banner.bin and just change the game that the bootloader is based on?" but I guess if it's part of the exploit, then it can't be helped.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
in regards to the acekard, the bootloader is part of an actual rom. first the icon is checked, if that passes the system queries that rom for specific data. the ak2i is part of the 'generation-2' cards that need the rom to spit back the data. cards like the scds2 work differently, they spoof the data from a file.

-another world

Reactions: 1 person

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Thank you another world for explaining it a littl more. Does that mean with an update to the card the icon itself will change?
I think so. When they update the card they also update the icon to get past the 3DS' firmware's AP stuff. Why else would the icon have changed so much over the years? I think they have to pick crappy game icons though.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you another world for explaining it a littl more. Does that mean with an update to the card the icon itself will change?
I think so. When they update the card they also update the icon to get past the 3DS' firmware's AP stuff. Why else would the icon have changed so much over the years? I think they have to pick crappy game icons though.
Yeah, they should do a cooler game.. Like Pokemon Diamond. :P

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah flash carts tend to cycle through icons when they update. Not always, but often enough that the AK2i's already gone through like 4-5 different game icons.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you understand. It's part of the AP scheme. Not just any game can be used, for many reasons. They don't pick and choose which titles are usable. Just one of the limiting factors we know is that it already need to be a game released before the DSi, because games after that have signatures, whereas a whitelist was used for the non-sigged games, so the game has to be one from the whitelist.

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah now im getting it. So do acekard and r4 share ap schemes? Because i have an r43ds card as well and it also shows prince caspian. Or am i still not grasping this and do all flashcarts share the same ap scheme?

chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DSTWO shows Alex Rider and you don't see me complaining about it showing that dorky game. Its just how the flashcard works on the 3DS and to be fair it could've been alot worse.
True i just would like the option to display a different game as im sure you wouldnt mind displaying a different game.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
My DSTWO shows Alex Rider and you don't see me complaining about it showing that dorky game. Its just how the flashcard works on the 3DS and to be fair it could've been alot worse.
True i just would like the option to display a different game as im sure you wouldnt mind displaying a different game.
Of course I would like it to show a different game but it could be worse, for all we know the teams could've picked my little pony or some other really dorky game instead of what we got.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol