Tired of making costers...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bhorny, Jun 9, 2009.

Jun 9, 2009

Tired of making costers... by bhorny at 11:29 PM (1,055 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. bhorny
    OP

Newcomer bhorny Member

United States
    I've been trying for awhile to get PDC_World_Championship_Darts_2009_PAL to work for me and I can't. I have a NTSC wii with the current cIOS and am using gamma with the 002 fix to load the disc. I've also tried to patch the disc several times. I was wondering if anyone else has tired to play the game using any method with any success.

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Look here:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=123307

Does it work if you NOT force NTSC? If it's back and white it's actually working. If not it could be that the game is either a IOS Reloading game, or a 002b game. So get cIOSrev7 or cIOS13a first and NeoGamma and try with that(check if it's a 002b game). If that does not work, you could try what happens if you patch the game to use IOS249(check if it's a IOS Reloading game).

3. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    could easily be your type of media. What brand DVD-r are you using?

4. bhorny
    OP

Newcomer bhorny Member

United States
    Thanks ill give both of those a shot and see what happens... Ive tried so many different variation I'm unsure what I have tried and what I haven't.. The game boots to either a green or black screen depending on how I load the disc.. I'm using verbatium discs...

5. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    might be your burners fault then i had a burner that gave me coasters alot a while back.
    the wii will generally use any dvd-r media and dvd+r with booktype dvd-rom, i have burns on everything from memorex, tdk,verbatim and so on and i've only had one simi coaster(game worked but crashed alot) and that was that bad burner i mentioned.

6. TroyTheZombie

Member TroyTheZombie GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada

some wiis tend to be picky. a memorex one will work on mine, but not my brothers or nephews, for theirs I had to use Taito Yuden ones.

7. thebobinc

Member thebobinc GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    had the same problem but get it to work with the latest gx usb loader , and with the original wanni usb loader 1.5 as well

maybe it about not forcing to ntsc i use system default setting maybe it can be that ,

8. bhorny
    OP

Newcomer bhorny Member

United States
    Thanks for the help everyone. [​IMG] I got the game to load but don't know what to do now. I tired the patch again with regionfrii and nothing. Forcing the game goes to green screen. now what??

9. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    games that goto green screen when forced wont work with ntsc wii, i have only had a few games do this, unfortunately there is nothing you can do. 90% of pal games force to ntsc, u just happened to find one that doesnt. Others are who wants to be a millionaire pal, simpsons pal, big brain academy wii degree, luckily most of them suck. Only thing u can do with green screen games is try to find an ntsc one

10. wolffangalchemist

Member wolffangalchemist This is bat country!

United States
    best way to get your region games is not be a complete pirate buy and or rent games to back up.
    that way you get a working copy every time and you don't have to worry about what region a game is as they will 99% of the time be your region.

11. bhorny
    OP

Newcomer bhorny Member

United States
    IIIITTTTTTTTTT WWWWWOOOOOOORRRRRKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Just play around with the patch video mode options in NeoGamma.