Tiramisu Wii U EXPLAINED, NEW Switch Emulator For Android & more - Tempcast #70

tempcast-169-logo-png.246523
In this week's episode we dive into the vast homebrew scene of the Wii U, discussing the new Tiramisu environment developed by Maschell. We also talk about how the Wii U is arguably one of the best emulation consoles especially if you have a Tesla. With android phones becoming more powerful by the month, it's no surprise Switch emulators have started development on the major mobile platform. In this episode, we discuss two of them, one of which is the new currently in development Skyline emulator, as well as the controversial Egg NS. Last but not least, we talk about Final Fantasy XVI getting delayed or whatever.

Theme by VinsCool and AlanJohn​

Also available on:
:arrow: Spotify
:arrow: Apple Podcasts
:arrow: Google Podcasts
:arrow: Breaker
:arrow: RadioPublic
:arrow: PocketCasts
:arrow: Anchor.fm
:arrow: Overcast
:arrow: Download

Tid7

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This question tells all about why the wii u did not become successful.
Kind of really as the biggest problem of Nintendo was that 90% of WII owners were people that play on it probably until today every now and than .
When was time to move for next-generation they either did not know it's next generation(like you said) or just don't need it as still could play on wii lol .

Nintendo never really had any success after Snes in home consoles market due to the weird policy to developers etc.

Sony on other side is the best example of this as basically Today success of Ps5 is big base of ps4 hardcore players that just move on to ps5 asap , not really console being any good or have big library of PS5 only games .

Last edited by Tid7,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
lol pretty sure he was trolling

Yes and no.

Nintendo fucked up big time with the thing name and with the ads. The ads didn't make it clear it was the new Nintendo console and the name just made it sound like one of the many Wii accessories.

In any list about why the Wii U failed, the name and Nintendo terrible advertising is part of the list.

Heck I honesty didn't knew the Wii U existed until the online services of the Wii and the DS were cut out but I did know of the 3DS.

That's how terrible Nintendo sucket at it.

kisamesama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes and no.

Nintendo fucked up big time with the thing name and with the ads. The ads didn't make it clear it was the new Nintendo console and the name just made it sound like one of the many Wii accessories.

In any list about why the Wii U failed, the name and Nintendo terrible advertising is part of the list.

Heck I honesty didn't knew the Wii U existed until the online services of the Wii and the DS were cut out but I did know of the 3DS.

That's how terrible Nintendo sucket at it.
lol you know now and you were clearly trolling lol

It seems that yeah nintendo messed up with the marketing and naming... but for me, when wii u came out, it was clear for me it was a new console and not an addon for wii.

what was not clear for me is xbox naming ... series x, s I still don't know which is which....

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This question tells all about why the wii u did not become successful.
No, it's a ludicrous argument made by Nintendo fanboys to explain why 80 million of us who bought the Wii and had no interest in the Wii U didn't buy one. Only a blithering idiot would have spent the 5 years of the Wii U's life in ignorance in spite of TV commercials, game reviews, console reviews, Amazon.com listings, and more and not know that it was a console. Sorry, no. If you were actually in the market for a $300 console, you knew EXACTLY what it was. It's name (the Wii itself overcame a laughed-at name and made it popular) and marketing is not why a console that offered nothing to the 80 million of us who wanted the Wii for motion controls and who did not want a tablet (that even Nintendo had a hard time finding a use for in the first few years) failed. The Wii U had 7th Generation power at the startof the 8th Gen, did NOT upscale Wii games, and had very few third party releases with companies like EA abandoning it quickly. There was literally no reason for anyone but a Nintendo fanboy that wants all the latest Nintendo IP to buy one. And that's exactly what happened. NO ONE was confused about what the Wii U was! No one.

• Angry
Reactions: PopcornSweetie

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Look, had the Wii U had a better name, better marketing and not include a tablet, it may have done better... but then the Nintendo Switch wouldn't exist.

Nintendo also broke the sacred rule of the Gameboy era, don't put the exact same game in both the portable console and the home console.

Then again Nintendo had been breaking that rule since at least the Gameboy Color days...

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Wii U was so far ahead its time that most people, including this community, only just caught up to its greatness.

Everything about it was pure gen 1 research concept bought to retail but there were flashes of genius strewn throughout and it could've evolved into something very special that the entire industry would've mimicked as per usual. Something as simple as calling it Wii HD and bringing it to market a year earlier could've flipped the script. The Switch in comparison is a watered down, anemic version of the Wii U and, guess what, people ate it up.

Go and play Deus Ex: Human Revolution with the gamepad and tell me that all immersive sims don't need that feature. Kirby is another one. ZombiU and the inventory which can be extended to all RPGs etc.. like Tokyo Mirage. Rayman is the definitive version due to the tablet as would've Zelda been. Mario Maker. Lego City. Captain Toad. Wonderful 101.

List goes on...

Much like the jump from 2D to 3D had developers trying to catch up before they could innovate thats what the Wii U was and from what was seen above it could've evolved into something amazing. Like a second gen refresh in which the tablet looked like a Switch and could be taken out of the house for portable gaming as well as being used as a controller or taken to someone elses place to "visit" their Animal Crossing town etc.. like a pimped out Street Pass

Instead it flopped so they dumbed it down, ported across the games after nerfing their best features and released a device with atrocious build quality and dubious durability. Only to make millions.

No wonder Nintendo hates gamers.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Wii U was so far ahead its time that most people, including this community, only just caught up to its greatness.

It was too expensive to be a cheap home console like the Wii had been, due to the tablet. Also due to not being portable, you were not able to use it to play on the go.

The Switch is a gaming tablet that works because it has Nintendo games on it and you can also play the games on the TV. But it has been about five years and the Switch has ages, still sells due to the price and being the only portable videogame console left on thr market but Nintendo is getting more and more problems to get AAA games on it that aren't Cloud games or so bafly ported is hilarious.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol