My design, Nintendo Wii remote without batteries

Hello my dear, some time ago the staff asked me to make a video about my project of the Wii remote without batteries, connected to an ATX source, I hope you like it.

* First of all, I know I could use rechargeable batteries or Wii remote battery, but this is not the purpose of the video tutorial.:yaywii:

spielvan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I personally believe guitar hero guitars (and similar games instruments) should all be rechargeable. Clonehero killss my battereis

I believe that a keyboard, scale ... that stays on a table stopped not have problem the wire, now the case of a guitar goes beyond the wii remote, because you perform very fast movements and because it is large the wire may come to disturb in the movements, but on the other hand if the battery of the guitar is weak can have loss in the time of response of the same in the game, thing that with her connected by wire will not occur.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello my dear, some time ago the staff asked me to make a video about my project of the Wii remote without batteries, connected to an ATX source, I hope you like it.

* First of all, I know I could use rechargeable batteries or Wii remote battery, but this is not the purpose of the video tutorial.:yaywii:

Are you using a 3V AC adapter? It doesn't seem to be shown in the video.
Edit: Oh, you're using a computer PSU? Seems like it would be cheaper and easier to use a 3V AC adapter.

D

Deleted User

i feel like this would cause a fire but at the same time it shouldn't have that much power going through it.
upload_2019-3-7_14-5-9.png

Reactions: spielvan

spielvan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i feel like this would cause a fire but at the same time it shouldn't have that much power going through it.
View attachment 160233

The load coming out of the ATX source, pro wii remote is only 3.3v, and as the source has a cooler itself it does not heat up and even the wii remote does not heat up, I already played 3 hours ago without heating. A hug.:rofl2:

brickmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You could also fit a car battery in that box and use a 3VDC voltage regulator to keep it going for a while and then some. You definitely have a unique solution to a common problem. Pre-production concept prototype :yay: . To take full advantage of that power supply you could have a rotary main output switch to power all of your consoles that have a separate brick-style power supply. One at a time of course tapping into the correct voltage rails :!:

WiiU would need a voltage boost module from the 12V rail to hit 15V. XBOX 360, XBOX one and Wii original are all 12V. 5V rail output could power most hand helds including Wii U gamepad.

Last edited by brickmaker,
Reactions: spielvan

spielvan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
my god this is dumb

why not drop 5v to 3.6 with a diode and connect via usb? battery bank compatible and you can also plug to a SMALL power converter or to your laptop

You'll see why I did not have it available at home and I was not going to go out and buy it, but I had an ATX source stopping for soup. A hug.

Reactions: brickmaker

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol