Hacking [Tip] For N3DS Japan users who need tLoZOoT3D (JAP)

gamesgames

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While shipped alone might be costly, this is still the cheapest way to get these games to the usa from japan that I know...

I got a brand new copy from Amazon Japan and I know they only ship domestically so in order to get it shipped internationally, use a forwarding service. I use Tenso.com

I ordered a brand new tLoZOoT3D and used cubic ninja without shipping internationally the cost for both was 60ish dollars.
I'm expecting shipping to cost around $10+

Http://i.imgur.com/3VuezTn.jpg

So not too terrible
roughly $45 brand new Japanese tLoZOoT3D
roughly $25 used Japanese cubic ninja

Here is a link to the english version of Amazon japan

I hope this information will help another Japan import user

BouncyBread

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Isn't a sky3ds roughly that price :O. Seems like more bang for the buck at that point lol. Plus you can emulate any new game exploits people find.

Edit: Price of your cubic ninja+OOT. If they just want OOT then it's worth importing :P.

Reactions: ph4t_s

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
From what I heard, the retail copy of Japanese Cubic Ninja doesn't work for Ninjhax, only the eShop copy did, and that was removed from the store (can anyone confirm that the retail copy does not work?).

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From what I heard, the retail copy of Japanese Cubic Ninja doesn't work for Ninjhax, only the eShop copy did, and that was removed from the store (can anyone confirm that the retail copy does not work?).
The Japanese copy of Cubic Ninja works just as well as the e-Shop version. The only difference is that the e-Shop version was taken down within a day of the game title being released by Smealum. Though it's back up now I believe, it, of course, does not work anymore as the kernel exploits are patched in the latest firmware, which is required to buy it.

Reactions: daxtsu

omegart

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was going to buy a new copy too when the update came out, but I read that not all the game work and I'm afraid to get stuck with an useless jap game.. at this point I think that is better buy a sky to be sure you can boot into gw or wait untill they release a new update :\

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Isn't region change now possible since there's an active kernel exploit? The cheapest and safest solution altogether would be to buy a Sky card and wait and see if KARL ends up supporting region changing or buy a Sky and a GW, change the region and sell the card/'s. That's all assuming you have a donor console.

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't a sky3ds roughly that price :O. Seems like more bang for the buck at that point lol. Plus you can emulate any new game exploits people find.

Edit: Price of your cubic ninja+OOT. If they just want OOT then it's worth importing :P.
I considered buying a Sky3DS instead of OoT+CN, but I went for the retail carts based on the following logic:

1) I don't actually need the Sky3DS for its rom emulating ability since I have GW and would use GW for both roms and CIAs
2) If and when GW ever finds another entry point in the N3DS, I can easily and legally sell retail carts through legit channels such as eBay and amazon, and they should (mostly) retain their value. You can only sell flashcarts through shady places that run a high risk of getting ripped off or having other problems.

Kracken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed. As long as sky3ds works well with GW 3.1 that is the best option IMO since there is some issue with getting the "right" version(s) of OoT.

But if you need to save money take whatever risks you feel need to be taken, but make sure to know what they are going in.

Does the JPN version also have the same issues of GW compatibility?

$22 CN, cheers if Tenso pulls through :yay:
Tenso will likely cost around another $10-12 shipping. Tenso doesn't mess up very often. I order lots of stuff from them through Amazon, never had any issues.

Only issue is if you order more than one item Amazon will often send them in different packages, even if you buy "fulfilled by Amazon" items as they come from different warehouses. So be prepared for anther 500 yen charge and a day or two processing.

I'm thinking of ordering a JP CN, I already have a US copy for my US N3DSXL, but I also have the normal size JP N3DS so unless GW comes up with a better option this might be the cheapest option to use GW on a JP N3DS. Of course GW might never deliver a better option than OoT, but since sky3ds works I don't see a need to rush.

Reactions: tarovisions

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd recommend Big in Japan over Tenso. Cheaper and I'm unsure if Tenso let you mark the price to whatever you want. With BiJ you can just tell them to mark it as a £10 gift and you're customs-free!

Edit: Also get your Gamecube controllers, faceplates, GC controller adapters, amiibos, whatever else you want in the same order. Way cheaper in the land of the sun.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Gateway spent months looking for a entry point and decided to release for now while they continue to search. I would say that the Cubic Ninja exploit will be ready in a week or two. It will be a month or two before I can buy a n3DS, so for me it doesn't matter as they'll definitely have it out by that point.

I already bought Cubic Ninja. Got it on the day Gateway released n3DS support. They mentioned Cubic Ninja and that made me decide it was worth getting. I only paid $19.99 for it on eBay and that was with free shipping too. Probably not as good as the original used priced of $5 or so at Gamestop back before the original exploit was released by Smealum, but I don't think Cubic Ninja will ever get back to that price anywhere. The price will only inflate more once Gateway releases their exploit for it, so I got it while it was still cheap. :D

tarovisions

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys forgot something. Gateway doesn't work with Cubic Ninja and they used that word again "SOON". Soon takes months in gateway terms

I can only hope between KARL and GW someone manages to make my newly budding CN collection not seem entirely silly :lol:

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend Big in Japan over Tenso. Cheaper and I'm unsure if Tenso let you mark the price to whatever you want. With BiJ you can just tell them to mark it as a £10 gift and you're customs-free!

Edit: Also get your Gamecube controllers, faceplates, GC controller adapters, amiibos, whatever else you want in the same order. Way cheaper in the land of the sun.
i have not used either service yet but going by their websites big in japan says it charges a flat 500 yen, tenso charges 500 yen or less on any order under 350grams.
since 3ds games are only 60-80grams depending on the size of the manual tenso would be cheaper as long as you were ordering under 4 games.
exactly $3.29 cheaper for just one game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs