Hacking [Tip] Activating Unlimited Vita/PSTV units on your account

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is actually a pretty basic exploit of the fact that the Vita doesn't actually call home to verify that your console is the only activated console, or part or your three allowed activated consoles, effectively ever.

Prerequisites:

1) At least one open slot for a PSTV/PS Vita to be activated on your account
2) Firmware 3.60 on the target console
3) HENkaku installed on the target console
4) PSN Account Switcher installed on the target console

Process:

This is extremely simple, but born from the new ability to use PSN on HENkaku 3.60FW.

Steps:

1) Log into your PSN account on your target console after running HENkaku.
2) Activate the target console to your account for whatever content you like.
3) Run PSN Account Switcher on your target console and backup your account.
4) Deactivate your account on the target console.
5) Run PSN Account Switcher and restore your account to the target console.
6) Reboot the target console and try out your PSN content.
7) Enjoy your games on all 9 of your Vitas, you crazy bastard!

(NOTE)

I haven't attempted to buy and download games using deactivated consoles yet, so it may not work for that. Use a properly activated console and QCMA the games to your deactivated consoles for safety.

If you accidentally break activation, simply restore the account again using PSN Account Switcher and reboot the console. Bonus points if you backup your console-locked profile data to your PC for safekeeping. It's located in "ux0:/data/psn-account-switcher" and easily accessible over FTP. Remember to save it along with your console's serial number, as like I said, the act.dat is generated specifically for your console!

To save time, you can also just restore one backed up account via FTP to multiple Vitas so you don't have to log in every time, then just overwrite the account after activation and back it up again. The only console-specific thing is the NPDRM's act.dat file.

Please leave your results in the comments for others to verify, and enjoy!
I'll update this thread with more information if necessary later.

Reactions: chronoss

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So does this mean we can hand out each others account and switch using PSN switcher constantly? :D almost the same as piracy

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
yeah nice guide thanks, although as soon as the deactivated vita connects back online and tries to access psn it will be deactivated i am sure.
So does this mean we can hand out each others account and switch using PSN switcher constantly? :D almost the same as piracy
yeah but people aren't going to share their accounts like that.
(funny thing - on chinese sites you can do stuff like that, they set up accounts and buy games, and you pay them a little money, they send you the account details so you can download the game onto your console, then they change the password or whatever, and repeat with other customers)
shame the vita doesn't support multiple users/accounts

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why not exactly? i mean. we could just make linked accounts where we have all games and share them all for the community It would be a great project. but everyone would be able to use it. But i guess since we have vitamin it wont be necessary.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
N

Almost no one is gonna share there account.
i have loads of the games you like to play on my account - [email protected] password is nxtgamer
but first send me your account in a pm before you download ok

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why not exactly? i mean. we could just make linked accounts where we have all games and share them all for the community It would be a great project. but everyone would be able to use it. But i guess since we have vitamin it wont be necessary.
with vita we need to log out and can only play one accounts games at a time.
with ps4 yes it would be possible, but you need to trust other people, it's not good. better to pirate

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have loads of the games you like to play on my account - [email protected] password is nxtgamer
but first send me your account in a pm before you download ok

with vita we need to log out and can only play one accounts games at a time.
with ps4 yes it would be possible, but you need to trust other people, it's not good. better to pirate
Well yes, but with PSN account switchter we could easily switch. so...
It is that we piracy upcoming.. otherwise this would be a viable method.

I mean would they be able to hijack the account or anything with the dump activation files or anything. cuz that would be sad.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
yes. with ps3, we can get psn access on cfw, but i think that might be because on ps3 we have nice big hacks, and we can basically install the latest ofw, once we change a few things in it.
so, in that latest ofw, it will have all the keys/tokens whatever that sony needs for us to access psn.

but for vita, we can't do that, we can't extract the new files from the vita on 3.61 - so i'm not sure how long we will be able to keep getting psn access or if sony will really lock us out eventually.
like, i'm not sure if it will just become 'cat and mouse', or not. with ps3 it can, but vita i don't think so...?

Gadorach

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah nice guide thanks, although as soon as the deactivated vita connects back online and tries to access psn it will be deactivated i am sure.
Actually no, you can use the console with the internet connected, and it won't attempt to deactivate the console. There's no issue from what I've found in using it. I'll see about downloading a PSP game on my deactivated console here in a few minutes, to see if it will stay activated or get disabled.

EDIT: Just accessing the PSN Store app will deactivate the Vita/PSTV, but also attempting to download anything will cause an activation error, disabling your account on that unit, and you'll have to restore the backed up account and reboot. It's harmless though, just annoying. Anyway, so as before QCMA everything!

EDIT 2: It turns out that the friends app will deactivate your console too. Basically, running anything having to do with the PSN will deactivate your console. I haven't tried in-game services, so who knows on that topic, but it may have issues there too. Else, everything works, and it won't deactivate your console for just being connected to the internet.

Last edited by Gadorach,
Reactions: cearp

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
I think this would have been more useful for wannabe pirates a couple weeks back. With game dumpers around every corner I don't think anyone will prefer account sharing, which is all this seems to be useful for.

Gadorach

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think this would have been more useful for wannabe pirates a couple weeks back. With game dumpers around every corner I don't think anyone will prefer account sharing, which is all this seems to be useful for.
Actually, it's very useful if you have multiple consoles, like me. I personally own 3 PS Vitas, and 2 PSTV units. Having them all able to use my PSP games and Vita games at once is very nice. This won't benefit regular pirates really, just people in my situation.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a PS Vita HENKAKU on one account but want to change it to a different account I have. I don't mind formatting the memory card but is this the method i should use to simply change the account from one to another and keeping it on 3.6?

Gadorach

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a PS Vita HENKAKU on one account but want to change it to a different account I have. I don't mind formatting the memory card but is this the method i should use to simply change the account from one to another and keeping it on 3.6?
In your case, just use PSN Account Switcher to unslave your memory card (remove account dependencies) and run the new account setup tool. Backup your current account first though. Just run the new account setup tool, login to your other account, and run PSN Account Switcher again to backup your new account.

Just look up PSN Account Switcher's intended use, as what you want to do is precisely what it's designed for.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once PSN access goes away remember you can still kind of do this guys:

1) Activate 2 vita systems.

2) Download craptop of games.

3) Remotely deactivate systems from Sony servers using PC.

4) Rinse and repeat xD

The only downside is that remote deactivation can only be done once every 6 months, I used to do it all the time with my PS3, all my friends and family that ever owned a PS3 always had access to all my games lol

That's why Sony created the shitty main/secondary system on the PS4 since they got fed up :rolleyes:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: