Tinyload boot.elf

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by denniscczech, Jun 18, 2011.

Jun 18, 2011

Tinyload boot.elf by denniscczech at 6:12 PM (1,390 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. denniscczech
    OP

Newcomer denniscczech Newbie

United States
    Can anyone help an ignorant Brit please? I have downloaded and extracted tinyload, but nowhere can I find the boot.dol or boot.elf file. I just can't get it to work from the SD card in homebrew. Does anyone know which is the boot file? I have searched an searched so as to avoid asking what may appear a dumb question, but no joy... Cheers, Dennis

2. guinness

Member guinness GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Where did you download from? Have just downloaded from wiibrew.org, and there is definitely a boot.elf in there.

And us Brits are never dumb, sometimes confused or misinformed, but never dumb.

3. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    What do you mean, they are right in the archive. (this one)
    Of course, you need a program to extarct them. 7-zip is free and does the job well. Just open the archive up, then open the tar, then there is a folder, and inside that, you will find the regular and debug versions of tinyload.

4. denniscczech
    OP

Newcomer denniscczech Newbie

United States
    You guys have saved my life, it must have been that I wasn't using 7-zip. I swear, when I downloaded and extracted it before (from wiibrew), I got a whole bunch of mini-files, but no boot.elf. And suddenly, after downloading 7-zip, it appeared, how weird. My 8 year old son has had the US version of Lego star wars since Christmas, and it has taken his Dad this long to get his shit together and work all this out. I mean, I'd managed to load HBC, I was getting other apps on the SD card, but I just couldn't figure out tinyload. I swear I thought I was stumbling at the last hurdle and I just couldn't get over it. So, many thanks!!

While I'm here, any good suggestions for some fun HBC apps for an 8 year old? I hardly ever play on the wii with him, but his younger siblings enjoy games with him.

5. obcd

Member obcd GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Belgium
    Maybe the scummvm emulator and the humogonous freddi fish and putt putt games are something he might like.
    The games still have some educational value as well. They used to be point and click (with the mouse) on pc, so they work fine on the wii with it's pointer as well.