Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.batman.de
XP
Country
France
Hi There

im using neutos and the latest tinfoil with an original sx os license files putted on the root of my SD
I can confirm that the license is working because i see game icons now in tinfoil, plus several new options

i bought the license to have access to my SMB share where several NSPs and XCIs are placed at

I connected the share without any troubles. But as im trying to install one of those files, i either get

"FAILED TO READ NSP METADATA" or "FAILED TO READ NSP, ...NCA magic ..."

I activated the konami code, But that wont help.

Do you have an idea or tipp for me on how to avoid this? I cant install anything through the network. USB or NUT Server is working fine (with the same files)

Regards, and stay healthy

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi There

im using neutos and the latest tinfoil with an original sx os license files putted on the root of my SD
I can confirm that the license is working because i see game icons now in tinfoil, plus several new options

i bought the license to have access to my SMB share where several NSPs and XCIs are placed at

I connected the share without any troubles. But as im trying to install one of those files, i either get

"FAILED TO READ NSP METADATA" or "FAILED TO READ NSP, ...NCA magic ..."

I activated the konami code, But that wont help.

Do you have an idea or tipp for me on how to avoid this? I cant install anything through the network. USB or NUT Server is working fine (with the same files)

Regards, and stay healthy

your file is bad it happens sometimes

kettenschutz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.batman.de
XP
Country
France
hy and thx for your reply

as explained it happens with the same files. USB is fine, Network not. i tried 20 or more files. SMB is never working. Its not about the files themself

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hy and thx for your reply

as explained it happens with the same files. USB is fine, Network not. i tried 20 or more files. SMB is never working. Its not about the files themself

I understand sorry if maybe it is the firmware.... you should be using Offical SXOS firmware with the latest tinfoil idk if I can link SXOS website on here for the firmware but you can probally find it on your own

Source: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tx-pres...01-now-with-smb-samba-and-cloud-saves.551784/

kettenschutz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.batman.de
XP
Country
France
i forgot to mention that
i also:
cleared my sdcard and installed SX OS in latest beta version
Started tinfoil and tried to install those files. Same issue over network. License was accepted
i tried that while generating my license file
i really dont get this.Wheres the difference from USB to SMB?

Last edited by kettenschutz,

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i forgot to mention that
i also:
cleared my sdcard and installed SX OS in latest beta version
Started tinfoil and tried to install those files. Same issue over network. License was accepted

i really dont get this.Wheres the difference from USB to SMB?

USB you play the games from your external HD / SMB is where you can play the games from your computer. Mabye you need the SX Server also

kettenschutz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.batman.de
XP
Country
France
no, sorry
with USB i mean a PC connected by USB with NUTServer running on it. That works fine
Even the network NUT is working fine with all files
But SMB installations through tinfoil are failing with NCA blahblah

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, sorry
with USB i mean a PC connected by USB with NUTServer running on it. That works fine
Even the network NUT is working fine with all files
But SMB installations through tinfoil are failing with NCA blahblah

I understand hopefully someone with more experience can guide you in the right direction I never used SMB personally

RedStiff

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Hello. Also ran into this problem. The konami code doesn't help. File placement is also at the root. Short names don't help. Can anyone have managed to run the installation from a personal SMB server? No Internet search results found

Last edited by RedStiff,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8