Hacking Question Tinfoil not showing "ignore firmware version" option

Tecnomage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Tried to install some updates today (mario tenis and trick towers), usb setup, and Tinfoil didnt asked to ignore firmware version, ended up unable to play both games. Had to delete them and reinstall with no updates.

Anything that I could be doing wrong?

Got the last update on tinfoil, followed a bunch of youtube tutorials and none worked.

klaus11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
where can I find this? should there a question when installing in tinfoil ? or is it an option in tinfoil to setup?

klaus11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I already have tinfoil, but I am searching the function in tinfoil when installing to bypass FW.
I have OFW 7.0.1 on my switch. using atmosphere 1.2.4, hekate 5.6.5 and SX 1.2 and sigpatches from 04.11.2021 for firmware 1.0.0 to 13.1.0 and atmosphere v1.2.4
getting failure when starting new games... So I think the installation process in tinfoil is my mistake. is there any option to bypass the FW?
thanks

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st - tinfoil cannot bypass the required firmware version, if the game demands a new firmware version you have to update...
2nd - your firmware version is low, you might as well download the most recent version and upgrade via daybreak
3rd - once games are installed that has nothing to do with them not launching, either you dont have the fw requirements or your missing sigpatches... (google itotaljustice sigpatches get the most recent version for fusee)

klaus11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
1st - tinfoil cannot bypass the required firmware version, if the game demands a new firmware version you have to update...
2nd - your firmware version is low, you might as well download the most recent version and upgrade via daybreak
3rd - once games are installed that has nothing to do with them not launching, either you dont have the fw requirements or your missing sigpatches... (google itotaljustice sigpatches get the most recent version for fusee)
2nd: why need to update when using tinfoil in combination with sigpatches? is there a risk of ban in sysnand when using daybreak?

3rd: then my problem are the sigpatches, which doesn't work. Are there any rights on the folders necessary ?

when booting with sx pro dongle I boot to hekate and then to CFW SYSNAND, it shows me that the game is not possible to start, I should try in home screen. (tried to load with tinfoil in tinfoil, and on home screen does not work)

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, I just did everything to migrate from sx to atmosphere... not working for new games... i think my sigpatches wan't work. anyone any idea?
google search hats by stheix and do a clean install of that following the guide on github or the yt video, also google search for firmware 13.1.0, download it and put it on the root of your sd card then use daybreak to update it.

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where can i find those tutorial?
im not sure what I can or can't link on here, sethetix has a github, a project named HATS, his tutorial is on github.

google search Switch Firmware - Darthsternie and you'll find the current firmware 13.1.0 to download

daybreak is included with atmosphere and hats. use that to install ur update (its fool proof)

klaus11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
hats is quite perfect! do you mean to update firmware with daybreak fully offline on regular sysnand ? Is that not a problem to be banned ?

ninjistix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hats is quite perfect! do you mean to update firmware with daybreak fully offline on regular sysnand ? Is that not a problem to be banned ?
I believe Nintendo removed the restriction on banned consoles updating from the system menu. you just need to make sure atmosphere and the sigpatches are up to date or your console won't boot after updating, until you update those accordingly

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe Nintendo removed the restriction on banned consoles updating from the system menu. you just need to make sure atmosphere and the sigpatches are up to date or your console won't boot after updating, until you update those accordingly
Yes that is true, even banned consoles can update normally through the settings page on OFW.

sh2dc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
google search hats by stheix and do a clean install of that following the guide on github or the yt video, also google search for firmware 13.1.0, download it and put it on the root of your sd card then use daybreak to update it.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/such-a-...le-free-noob-friendly-plan-set-up-ams.603029/

So you guys mean you can config ams cfw in 5 mins from sx os with HATS?

Just put everything on SD card root then update to clean newest ams version?

Every game from sx os will still work on ams?

Totally hassle-free?!

klaus11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
https://gbatemp.net/threads/such-a-...le-free-noob-friendly-plan-set-up-ams.603029/

So you guys mean you can config ams cfw in 5 mins from sx os with HATS?

Just put everything on SD card root then update to clean newest ams version?

Every game from sx os will still work on ams?

Totally hassle-free?!
yes this works. with tinfoil and sigpatches. but you only have a CFW in sysnand.
I prefer emuMMC with newest firmware too.
I got problems using new games with my old 7.1 sysnand firmware. Updating can cause a ban. therefore => emuNand update with Atmosphere

sh2dc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes this works. with tinfoil and sigpatches. but you only have a CFW in sysnand.
I prefer emuMMC with newest firmware too.
I got problems using new games with my old 7.1 sysnand firmware. Updating can cause a ban. therefore => emuNand update with Atmosphere
I use sx os Emunand only on SD card

I don't touch anything with sysnand

After I put "hats" on my SD card
I can dual boot sxos cfw and ams cfw?

Sxos emunand is 10-11.0
If I update ams 13.0 on sx os emunand

It will make sx os unable to boot? Right?
Or I need create another 32gb ams emummc on SD card?

So I can keep the original sx os emunand exist?

sh2dc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got last sx os emunand 10-11.0 cfw version

But if newest ams cfw is 13.0
I need create another 32 GB ams Emummc on SD card right??
Then sx os and ams can share everything already installed on this sd card?

Like dying light can't boot on sx os 11.0 cfw
But it will boot on ams 13.0 cfw

They can both use dying light installed on this SD card right?

Just firmware version different.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things