Homebrew Question Tinfoil Missing Option to Download NSPs

eAsInEcho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm hoping someone can help me out. I can't seem to make Google understand my issue or I'm officially no good at using Google anymore.

I was using SX OS until a couple weeks ago. One of the last things I did on that OS was start using Tinfoil. It's great, don't know how I hadn't heard about it sooner. Anyway, I decided to switch over to Atmosphere/Kosmos and, for the most part, it's gone well.

Thing is, no matter which version of Tinfoil I install, the "New Games" tab is now missing. Worked fine before, even used it to grab a new NSP and update all my games. Now that tab is simply missing. First tab is "Installed Games" and the next tab is "File Browser." There used to be a tab between those two called "New Games" where you could peruse though downloads. I tried doing different searches like for certain regions or specific titles, but there's no where to check out the results because the "New Games" tab is missing.

Tin foil is v2.0 and I just updated Kosmos to it's most recent version a few moments ago. Have I gone crazy or can someone point me in the right direction?

Also including a crude "screenshot" of what Tinfoil looks like on my Switch

IMG_4091.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4091.JPG
    IMG_4091.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2,692

eAsInEcho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I didn't have to set that up before (or I didn't notice/forgot I did) but that does make sense. Thank you

Besides the login info from the Tinfoil site, I don't see anything to link or direct any kind of path. In the app or from the website.

Last edited by eAsInEcho,

arianadark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm hoping someone can help me out. I can't seem to make Google understand my issue or I'm officially no good at using Google anymore.

I was using SX OS until a couple weeks ago. One of the last things I did on that OS was start using Tinfoil. It's great, don't know how I hadn't heard about it sooner. Anyway, I decided to switch over to Atmosphere/Kosmos and, for the most part, it's gone well.

Thing is, no matter which version of Tinfoil I install, the "New Games" tab is now missing. Worked fine before, even used it to grab a new NSP and update all my games. Now that tab is simply missing. First tab is "Installed Games" and the next tab is "File Browser." There used to be a tab between those two called "New Games" where you could peruse though downloads. I tried doing different searches like for certain regions or specific titles, but there's no where to check out the results because the "New Games" tab is missing.

Tin foil is v2.0 and I just updated Kosmos to it's most recent version a few moments ago. Have I gone crazy or can someone point me in the right direction?

Also including a crude "screenshot" of what Tinfoil looks like on my Switch

View attachment 173960
the simple answer is you have to use the latest version of tinfoil for it to work

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
You have to configure a nut server...
Or download a tinfoil version with it configured for you.

eAsInEcho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I guess I got lucky when I first got it and that was already configured.

Now I get to figure that out

I really appreciate the help

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems like it might be time to get the popcorn out.

#nopiracyhere

People openly talk about piracy here nowadays. It used to be taboo, but from what I’ve seen, it isn’t enforced anymore. The only enforcement comes when you post /actual content links/ to copyright content.

There are also some developers who maintain their threads and have stances against piracy, for which on those threads, piracy is not to be discussed or there will be contention.

At least that’s my take, don’t quote me on that.

Reactions: Yoni Arousement

eAsInEcho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figured it out!

Thank you, I had found a version that was pre-configured for this function and had no idea, lol.

Found a that original one and have what I wanted.

Thank you again so much for helping me figure it out!

Now to work on why RE0 will only run on SX OS but not Atmosphere

Reactions: fixingmytoys

arianadark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figured it out!

Thank you, I had found a version that was pre-configured for this function and had no idea, lol.

Found a that original one and have what I wanted.

Thank you again so much for helping me figure it out!

Now to work on why RE0 will only run on SX OS but not Atmosphere
RE0 works fine for me on atmosphere

eAsInEcho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RE0 works fine for me on atmosphere

Yeah, it was working fine for me when I installed it earlier today, but now it just locks the switch up with a black screen when I try to run it. I select the user and it just goes black, doesn't even show the Switch or Made by Nintendo logos. Tried re-installing the NSP and used one from another source but get the same result. Have to hold the power button for 20 seconds to turn the Switch off every time I do it.

Went back to SX OS just to try and it seems to be booting fine from there, installed with Goldleaf. That's actually what started me on trying to figure out the Tinfoil thing, was going to try and install it from there to see if it made a difference.

arianadark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it was working fine for me when I installed it earlier today, but now it just locks the switch up with a black screen when I try to run it. I select the user and it just goes black, doesn't even show the Switch or Made by Nintendo logos. Tried re-installing the NSP and used one from another source but get the same result. Have to hold the power button for 20 seconds to turn the Switch off every time I do it.

Went back to SX OS just to try and it seems to be booting fine from there, installed with Goldleaf. That's actually what started me on trying to figure out the Tinfoil thing, was going to try and install it from there to see if it made a difference.
are you starting the game with cheats already turned on?

arianadark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just downloaded the latest ones but no dice. All the other games work fine.

No, does it after fresh booting to the home screen. Hadn't gone to HBL yet. We're talking about Edizon, right?
speaking of the system settings in the atmosphere folder on your sd card actually, it is set to turn them on automatically?

eAsInEcho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
speaking of the system settings in the atmosphere folder on your sd card actually, it is set to turn them on automatically?

That was a good idea. The ini showed them as on by default. I changed it, but still nothing. Looks like this now, I'm hoping I did it right

dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x0

eAsInEcho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's correct

Ah, thank you so much for that!

I just wasn't thinking. It only started once I added the cheat file. Deleted the cheat folder and now it's working.

Looks like I was using cheats made for SX OS and Atmosphere didn't like it. Now just to find the correct cheats.

Thank you again, these issues were driving me crazy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: