Tinfoil - failed update of game. Now stuck with spinning wheel box in HOS.

lotech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
I was installing an game update to my switch via Tinfoil, which gave a bunch of errors - probably the source was down. Either way it failed. I'm now stuck with a box on the HOS front screen with a lovely spinning wheel on it. It won't let me press + to open the info screen and delete the game/app. No name is listed above the icon either.
When I look at the full game list there is no icon there so I can't identify which game it is to manually delete the ID folder on the SD Card.
ulaunch lists the mystery app as 'Unknown' with the publisher as 'Unknown' and the version as 0.
Any tips on deleting this?

Attachments

• 2022042411205600-2B962D4D8757B83A365B36F9DBA36413.jpg
    2022042411205600-2B962D4D8757B83A365B36F9DBA36413.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited by lotech,

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was installing an game update to my switch via Tinfoil, which gave a bunch of errors - probably the source was down. Either way it failed. I'm now stuck with a box on the HOS front screen with a lovely spinning wheel on it. It won't let me press + to open the info screen and delete the game/app. No name is listed above the icon either.
When I look at the full game list there is no icon there so I can't identify which game it is to manually delete the ID folder on the SD Card.
I rebooted my switch, and ulaunch started for the first time (yay) - which lists the mystery app as 'Unknown' with the publisher as 'Unknown' and the version as 0.
Any tips on deleting this?
Just uninstall the update via tinfoil and try again

lotech

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Thanks. Goldleaf listed at least 3 random DLC files that only showed their ID - I deleted them which seems to have done no harm but also hasn't removed the icon on the main screen. I can't delete in Tinfoil as it doesn't list anywhere.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In settings -> data management -> manage software, it should be the last entry. Maybe an update for a game you don’t have?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night