Homebrew Question Tinfoil eShop icon override

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
As per the title, on a friends switch the eshop icon launches tinfoil - however on my switch when I click on it, it comes up with a windows for me to link my account. Is there any way to bypass this without going online and setting up an account - then needing to dump my nand again and setting up a new emunand?

Cheers.

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
You might wanna try Kefir Updater: https://gbatemp.net/threads/kefir-updater.539086/

Do you mind sharing a tutorial to override the eShop icon? I can't find it anywhere

I just installed tinfoil - that was it. On another note I installed that app and created a linked account so the eshop icon now loads Tinfoil - however I restored my game saves and they are not working with the new linked account. Is there some way I can use my old backed up saves with this new account? I tried restoring with checkpoint and they said they were restored, but don't work on this new account.

blawar

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the keifer thing will work. Its very hacky, liam and I RE'd that save, I believe we can pragmatically fakelink accounts now without losing profiles and saves like keifer. just havent tested yet because ive been busy and hacdiskmount is buggy with large nands.

Reactions: mrdude

mrdude

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
the keifer thing will work. Its very hacky, liam and I RE'd that save, I believe we can pragmatically fakelink accounts now without losing profiles and saves like keifer. just havent tested yet because ive been busy and hacdiskmount is buggy with large nands.

Well I hope one day you get time to do this, not for me, but for other people in the future.

Thanks for the reply!

I figured out how to restore the saves.

1:Before making the linked account - save game saves with checkpoint.
2: Make the linked account - reboot the Switch.
3: Now go to your system menu, and delete your game save for all the games.
4: Start the game - and then exit.
5: Open checkpoint and restore the game save.
6: Reboot the switch (this step is probably not needed - but I did this).

Now the game save should work with the new linked account.

Last edited by mrdude,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @DinohScene, Hi