Tinfoil Error: "Failed to commit to content records" on 14.1.1 OFW / 1.3.1 ATMOS / 1.3.0 SIGS

FirM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! Experiencing a huge issue with Tinfoil since updating to OFW 14.1.1.

Everything worked fine before. On a fresh boot into atmos, games will work just fine on my SD card. I'll launch Tinfoil, no problems.

I'll go to install an NSP, and no matter which one, it'll get to 100% and then throw an error saying "Failed to commit to content records".

This will create a spinning black icon for the "installed" game. I can remove this by going into the Switch data management settings, and then try twice to delete the software (the first try will throw an error).

However, all the games on the SD card are now unplayable, and will throw the generic "unable to start software" error message when trying to launch anything.

I've tried removing my "atmosphere", "bootloader" and "sept" folders and then adding the new atmos package for 1.3.1, followed by the sigpatches for 1.3.1/HOS14.1.0 (I was told they'd be exactly the same for 14.1.1). I'm launching using the newest fusee file.

So, what's the deal? Did Tinfoil get an update I don't know about? That's essentially the only link in the chain that I didn't update.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there! Experiencing a huge issue with Tinfoil since updating to OFW 14.1.1.

Everything worked fine before. On a fresh boot into atmos, games will work just fine on my SD card. I'll launch Tinfoil, no problems.

I'll go to install an NSP, and no matter which one, it'll get to 100% and then throw an error saying "Failed to commit to content records".

This will create a spinning black icon for the "installed" game. I can remove this by going into the Switch data management settings, and then try twice to delete the software (the first try will throw an error).

However, all the games on the SD card are now unplayable, and will throw the generic "unable to start software" error message when trying to launch anything.

I've tried removing my "atmosphere", "bootloader" and "sept" folders and then adding the new atmos package for 1.3.1, followed by the sigpatches for 1.3.1/HOS14.1.0 (I was told they'd be exactly the same for 14.1.1). I'm launching using the newest fusee file.

So, what's the deal? Did Tinfoil get an update I don't know about? That's essentially the only link in the chain that I didn't update.
I recommend asking in the Switch Noobs Paradise.

Reactions: impeeza

FirM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
by the way you are missing the correct sigpatches, download the latest ones.
Funny thing, I am using the most recent sigpatches (got them from ITotalJustice), they're just made for 14.1.0, not 14.1.1. But I've seen it said on here that the sigpatches didn't change for 14.1.1, so I assumed I could just use them now. Will this be resolved if I just wait for 1.3.2 atmos/sigs? Because I am on 14.1.1 OFW.

fluggy2013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had same issue. Was tearing my hair out. Formatted and refilled my full 1TB micro sd 3 times as thought it was corrupted. As a last resort I switched back to previous Atmosphere and used Daybreak to revert my firmware to 14.0 and everything works perfectly again.

FirM

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, strange... Where downloading TinWoo, I tried GoldLeaf after a fresh reboot, and that worked just fine. Game installed and loads, other games still work. I didn't step my OFW back, and I hadn't seen impeeza's link yet, so I'm still using ITotalJustice's sigs. Gonna try TinWoo now and see if that works also. But yeah, mayyyyybe just avoid Tinfoil for now (or forever?)

kbxb

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had same issue. Was tearing my hair out. Formatted and refilled my full 1TB micro sd 3 times as thought it was corrupted. As a last resort I switched back to previous Atmosphere and used Daybreak to revert my firmware to 14.0 and everything works perfectly again.
I tried to revert to 14.0 but the error still remains randomly, I have to restart the console and retry the download multiple times to succeed :(

kbxb

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The error message in console is : "
installing ticket 012301315660********
Failed to commit content records
failed to commit metadatabase!
Imported ticket 012301315660********
"
I can run the game but not after I restart the device

edit: same issue on TinWoo "InstallContentMetaRecords:59: Failed to commit content records. Error code: 0x00000514"

Last edited by kbxb,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: