Hacking Question Tin foil stuck on "Installing 1/1"

fusobotic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I'm on Firmware 4.1 using an exFAT SD, injecting the latest version of Reinx as of today and maybe an experimental version of tinfoil (it has remote network nsp install, I think it's the 8-20-18 nightly build here: https://bsnx.lavatech.top/tinfoil/). I had a little bit of luck installing with hekate + an older version of tinfoil, but would often get errors or crashes when trying to. So I updated to reinx and the latest version of tinfoil hoping it would help.

Now every nsp file I try to install gets stuck on "installing 1/1." And it's not a problem of me not waiting long enough, I've left it on overnight to see if that was it. Also tried smaller files too.

Anyone else having this problem? Does it matter if I install to SD vs System Memory and whether I ignore firmware requirements in tinfoil? Thanks!

Edit: Typo

Last edited by fusobotic,

fusobotic

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem. It had a conflict with sys-ftp.kip. delete that file

Sys-ftp.kip and the files from hekate aren't on my sd anymore. I also formatted the sd and tried it again but that doesn't affect anything. Right now I'm just swapping out tinfoil versions to see if that makes a difference.

I did use hekate to modify my switch to accept exfat without updating, and make some backups when I first got the Switch does that make a difference?

EDIT: Got it working using Rajnx + latest version of tinfoil.

Last edited by fusobotic,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.