Time to upgrade from old, clunky m3

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Rangent, Mar 24, 2007.

Mar 24, 2007
  1. Rangent
    OP

Member Rangent GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey guys... I've been away from the gaming scene for a while now. I have my old m3 still in my NDS, which has to get stuck in the GBA slot, while I have the passme2 connected to the DS game slot... ew. The biggest problem for me is I can be playing one of my DS games off of the m3, and if I bump the passme2 or wiggle the game connected the whole system freezes and I have to restart.

Anyway, I was wondering what kind of new achievements they have made in the world of nintendo ds accessories? Do they have any compact versions out now? Set ups that let you play DS games off of a memory card (SD, microsd, minisd..) but you dont have to worry much about accidently dislodging it? Note: I'm still stuck with my original DS, dont have a DS lite, and will avoid getting one unless I have to.

2. linkmaster03

Newcomer linkmaster03 Advanced Member

United States
    Whoa you are far behind sir!

There's tons of cards that have spring loaded memory card slots. There are PassMe type devices that are the size of a normal DS cart and fit perfect into the DS slot. There are even Slot-1 devices that hold your memory card and function as a PassMe! But those Slot-1 devices do not have extra RAM and cannot play GBA games.

Or if you just want a new Slot-2 card, you should just look around for one you like. I personally use a normal Supercard SD with a normal DS. Works perfect for homebrew and ROMS.

And for the PassMe. You can get one of the DS sized PassMe type devices for around $30. Or you can flash your DS's firmware so your DS will have built in PassMe code (which can be overridden by holding SELECT on startup).
    I flashed my DS. It can brick your DS, but with a DS original.. there is a HORRIBLY LOW CHANCE OF MESSING UP YOUR DS.

Anyways, you might want to research and ask around about some of the things I talked about. [​IMG]

3. Rangent
    OP

Member Rangent GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Fantastic! After a bit of research, I think I'm going to stick with my M3 for now... though not slim it works fine for now. I just ordered a Passme3 though, so it'll be really nice using a DS and playing my roms without having to worry about jiggling my passme 2 and crashing the game. Woo! [​IMG]

4. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

United States
    The R4 will give you the best bang for your buck. It’s a slot-1 card 100% compatible with
    DS games & most home brew. And because it’s a slot-1 it will work fine on your Fat.

R4 & 1Gig kingston micro SD plus free shipping for only $43 (Takes about a week for US)
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1459~r.98628230