Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Time to go Wii!

Wii Hands-On Impressions & New Wii Forums!

wiihandsonsmall.gif

Last weekend, myself and Costello headed to the centre of Paris to the Micromania Game Show 06, where we got lots of hands-on time with the Wii.
We've just finished writing up our impressions from the event, so you guys can see what we thought of Wii!

Also, as we're nearing the North American launch of the Wii, we've opened up a Wii forum category similar to the GBA and NDS ones so all GBAtemp members have a rightful place to discuss Wii!

Here is a list of games we got hands-on time with and have written quick impressions on:
  • Elebits
  • Excite Truck
  • Kororinpa
  • Mii Channel
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids
  • Red Steel
  • Sonic & the Secret Rings
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Super Swing Golf Pangya
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess – Fishing Sequence
  • Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam
  • Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
  • Wii Play: Horse Racing
  • Wii Sports: Bowling
  • Wii Sports: Tennis
  • Wing Island
We also have lots of pictures & videos for most games, and some other nice videos:
  • An entire demonstration walk-through of the 1st Zelda Twilight Princess level and boss *SPOILIERS!*
  • Yoshi's Island 2 (Nintendo DS)
  • Call of Duty 3 (Wii)
  • Wii Play
  • PS3 - Motor Storm
  • Micromania Game Show 06 Show Floor Tour
  • ...& More!
To read our impressions, and to see the pictures and videos - just click the link below!

5uck3rpunch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It loox like it's time to change the name from GBATemp to something that covers all the new Nintendo stuff. I smell a good idea for a contest....

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I fear it IS a port... didn't see anything different from the original version
frown.gif

Except for the fact that there's two screens.. but that didn't really look new either.. the top screen was barely used in the level we played.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I fear it IS a port... didn't see anything different from the original version
frown.gif

Except for the fact that there's two screens.. but that didn't really look new either.. the top screen was barely used in the level we played.

unsure.gif

What about the Baby Donkey Kong, and Baby Peach,etc?

EDIT: It´s not Yoshi´s Island 2 :'(
It´s Yoshi´s Island DS
cry.gif

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Well yes the babies are different but the game remains the same ... bah, remember we've only played a demo!
We can't really tell

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wait? So Yoshi's Island 2 is actually Yoshi's Island DS which is a port of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island? That's bullcrap since Nintendo announced it as Yoshi's Island 2. Since when did a port equal a sequel?

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Hm er while the gameplay was identical I cannot say for sure if the levels I played were or were not in the original version
unsure.gif

Someone who knows the original game could tell us what they think judging from the video (I never liked this game myself so I wouldn't be able to tell you)

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
It isn't a port, don't worry.

It does stay very faithful to the first games style and presentation though, which is a good thing if you enjoyed the first game.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good, because the only thing that might warrant another purchase is if the blasted babies didn't screech bloody murder when they got knocked off.

belmont

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
QUOTE said:
Also, as we're nearing the North American launch of the Wii, we've opened up a Wii forum category similar to the GBA and NDS ones so all GBAtemp members have a rightful place to discuss Wii!
Is that needed?
This is a GBA\portable gaming site anyway...
Why no PSP, PS2,3 categories?

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
Is that needed?
Because most members on our site are big Nintendo fans that will no doubt be getting a Wii. There are already a large amount of Wii topics on the forum, and also, as the Wii is somewhat similar to the DS, we ARE opening a forum category for it, so members on our site that do have one, don't have to go to other sites just to talk about their new Nintendo console.

CacheSyntax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Is that needed?
Because most members on our site are big Nintendo fans that will no doubt be getting a Wii. There are already a large amount of Wii topics on the forum, and also, as the Wii is somewhat similar to the DS, we ARE opening a forum category for it, so members on our site that do have one, don't have to go to other sites just to talk about their new Nintendo console.

Plus, can't you use the DS with the Wii?

I may be wrong though.

belmont

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
QUOTE said:
Well personally I am a Gameboy fan only. By all others means I never liked Ninty and how it behaves. When I first arrived in this forum I was very happy to find a forum for GBA and although I didn't post very much I was always here for the new GBA release roms and for emulation news for it. A Wii forum is totally out of this forum's initial purpose. I would understand a DS or a PSP category but with the Wii directory I totally disagree. Anyway if someone wants to talk for Wii he/she can do it on Other Consoles forum or at least since Wii seems famus open a subdirectory there. Opening 5 subdirectories seems pointless to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: