Time to cut losses or hold on?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Ray Lewis, Apr 8, 2013.

Apr 8, 2013
  1. Ray Lewis
    OP

Banned Ray Lewis Banned

United States
    Traded RGH 360 for Wii U. Had dozens of games, alternative dashes, trainers, homebrew, etc. Traded for Wii U. Had every Nintendo home system. N64 was favorite, Ocarina of Time, Goldeneye;-) Had Gameboy. PSX for a while. I figured I could use hacked 360 to get Wii U damn close to launch. Maybe now is the time to get out? Be honest, hardware is sub par, games lacking, sales lagging. No advertising is key. Success is advertised, basic econ fact. Is anyone else tempted to abandon a company that rushed sub par hardware and no push to succeed? Over priced as well. Big middle finger to lifetime Nintendo loyalists? Time to sell while it has some value and some suckers will buy it? Save money for systems that will be supported, have games, be top for hardware this cycle? Not looking for sarcastic responses. I am undecided. Sales low translates to third party not wasting time on it Nintendo needs Zelda and Metroid now. Needs to sell now. Worth it to bet on system on life support over the body builders about to walk into the game? You tell me, tell all of us loyalists Nintendo will survive and why (home systems).

Worried about sales. Another Sega? Making Mario, Metroid, Zelda, Punch Out for other systems? Those games are why Nintendo sells. Not powerful now, not edge of creativity like Wii was. Wii was lightening in bottle. Nintendo wanted to be first but no games. Not the high rollers;-) Sony and Microsoft will hit with excusives "Better than ever" and their orbis and kinect. Think orbis is Sony' copy of Wii. Wii U should be higher power so they can get the Cod, BF4, etc. No Zelda, one Mario that is not enough for most, no Metroid. I only bought GC for Metroid games and Zelda. Is it me or has Nintendo always had Zelda on tap early on? If PS4 and MS systems flop; blame tanking economy??? Nintendo dropped ball here. I'd say if no hard hitters to get outstanding Christmas sales then Wii U and Nintendo home systems will RIP.

2. stanleyopar2000

Member stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

United States
    smash brothers 4 will save the Wii-U.

....From life support.

3. Ray Lewis
    OP

Banned Ray Lewis Banned

United States
    Okay, an idea. That is another game that brings a diverse crowd.

4. stanleyopar2000

Member stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

United States
    Metroid Prime 4 could also save the WiiU.

if they could get their head out of their ass and Samus' out of smexy submissive "yes master" fanserviceville.

seriously, that "what would adam do" shit in Other M totally fucking pissed me off. That's not the Samus I remember playing. :glare:

Empu1 likes this.
  5. Ray Lewis
    OP

Banned Ray Lewis Banned

United States
    See, needs games. I saw sales in UK, Japan...but those are relatively small numbers If they can get saturation before others launch...maybe Wii U survives.

6. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Ninted0000med!

LightyKD, TheCasketMan and KingVamp like this.
  7. DaggerV

Member DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

United States
    You're retarded.

Skarnet and jalaneme like this.
  8. TyBlood13

Member TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

United States
    Even if this console completely flops, which it won't, Nintendo still has Billions to swim around in. E3 this year will bring lots to the table. I'm more worried about Sony becoming the next Sega.

9. jomaper

Member jomaper Some random argie lost in the Internet.

Argentina
    Holy hell that was hard to read.
    Nintendo already failed hard with the VB, it won't happen again.

frogboy, Skarnet and Fyrus like this.
  10. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    It's the same thing every single generation "Nintendo is failing, console sucks, they're going out of business." Hell they say it every year through out the console's life.

Wizerzak, Fyrus, Magsor and 4 others like this.
  11. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    It hasn't even been out for an entire year yet. It takes while for consoles to get their bearings. Have some patience. Geez.

Skarnet and RodrigoDavy like this.
  12. Ergo

Member Ergo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So it's been more than a decade now since Nintendo was/is/always will be doomed.

Yet they're still here.

And yet people keep on saying Nintendo was/is/always will be doomed...still.

We have a name for people like this: idiots.

Skarnet, Fyrus, Kwartel and 1 other person like this.
  13. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    It's like Rorschach turned from vigilantism to playing video games.

14. Ray Lewis
    OP

Banned Ray Lewis Banned

United States
    Lol, one worthless reply. Thanks for responses. I will laugh if Sony and MS sell less. $500? $600? Take huge losses to get systems out there? Nintendo killed it, Super Nintendo killed it, N64 seemed to do well, VB failed, GC lagged, Wii killed it. I've had them all. I am 31 and grew up on them. Sometimes Zi truly wonder if Nintendo gambled wrong now.

15. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    Why would you do that :c

OT: I've been extremely disappointed by the 3DS's launch and the line up of games in the first year.
    Seems it's also happening for the Wii U.

I'm not getting a Wii U until very late in it's life or if I can get one for a few quid.

16. Jan1tor

Member Jan1tor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Man I wish all these doom and gloomers would just sell their systems and get something they would be happy with. I am so sick and tired of hearing it every day! Please please please cut your losses. I'll stick around even if it does die cause I am enjoying the system at the moment. And if it does die.............WOW a whole $350 dollar loss, it is not like I've spent thousands and thousands on a console it's $350 bucks, thats like 3 nice family meals at Red Lobster! Just get over it already and let the ones who have them enjoy their moment in the sun.

17. Ray Lewis
    OP

Banned Ray Lewis Banned

United States
    So you are saying keep it, even if it loses value. Some work and have kids, $300 is a lot of money. Hence, I traded for it;-) Looking for opinions. Enjoy what you want. I like Nintendo. I wish some would not read something if they hate the topic;-) Somebody may have great points to support waiting. That is what I need. Since money is no object then go buy out games on shelves;-) Personal crusade. Unfortunately, others are not buying.

Edit; I am disappointed realist hoping to have my perspective changed.

Always liked Nintendo for exclusive games I grew up playing. 360 value dropping so maximized value now before next MS system nukes 360 value. Would you take an Xbox for Wii U? Or Xbox for PS3 or 360? A guy wanted a hacked system and Halo/other games 360 has.

18. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    360 all the way.
    I also grew up with Nintendo but meh, a few exclusives appeal me and the rest doesn't.
    That + I'm not selling me own consoles ;3 nor trading them.

19. Ray Lewis
    OP

Banned Ray Lewis Banned

United States
    Talking Watchmen? Romney picture is hilarious. If it were Obama he would have a fly on his face and have Valerie Jarret inside of his head.

Makes sense. I can always get another system later but like to maximize value to save money.

20. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    next holiday season will revive the wii u, although i am not interested at all.