Time for a Recovery

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Rock Raiyu, Jun 9, 2010.

Jun 9, 2010

Time for a Recovery by Rock Raiyu at 3:35 AM (652 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    For those that don't know, unfortunately Eminem's new album "Recovery" got leaked to the internet yesterday. I say unfortunately because this album is pure magic, it is 10x better than Relapse, if not 20x better. I got this album on repeat. I put it on my Zune today just so I can listen to it on my drive to Wendy's. Funny thing, I'm not really an Eminem fan. I didn't get into him till about a few days ago. I always thought his songs were just dumb, just yelling and spewing nonsense. But then I heard he's changing. My first song I heard since Mockingbird, was "Not Afraid". Instantly fell in love with the song. I heard "Despicable" (Over "Over" by Drake and "Beamer, Benz or Bentley" by Lloyd Banks) and I was amazed. I downloaded Relapse last week, and I like that album. Favorite song off that album was "Beautiful" because I can relate.

But yeah, I wasn't an Eminem. I hated him but he's changed his music while still keeping his crazyness from his past which I'm fine with it since it makes sense. So far my favorite songs off Recovery are:

-Not Afraid
    -I Love the Way You Lie (ft. Rihanna)
    -Cinderella Man
    -Talkin 2 Myself
    -No Love (ft. Lil Wayne, and I hate Lil Wayne but his addition to this song was justified.)
    -Seduction
    -Space Bound
    -25 to Life
    -Won't Back Down (ft. Pink)
    -W.T.P.

If you're an Eminem fan, you gotta get this album. It is straight fire.

2. shlong

Member shlong in memoriam of gravitas

Italy
    Good album...muchly liked

3. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but grabbed it. High praise though, so will definitely check it out later.

4. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    He's changed, you say? Hmm... I'll give it a try. I never liked him because I thought the songs were just plain retarded, but maybe now they've become better...