Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You may say Furtado but I say Fartado, Furtado, Fartado, lets call the whole thing off.

Yeah I waited three years to use that joke.

Whatever, finally these stealing wankers are getting sued:
Source

QUOTE said:
Nearly three years since allegations first appeared accusing famed producer Timbaland of sampling chiptune track "Acidjazzed Evening" for Nelly Furtado's single "Do It" without giving credit or compensation, record label Kernel filed suit against Timbaland and Furtado for copyright infringement.

"Acidjazzed Evening" was originally composed by Finnish demoscene artist Janne "Tempest" Suni using a 4-channel Amiga module, then remixed with permission by Norwegian Glenn "GRG" Rune Gallefoss for the Commodore. Kernel, which owns the sound recording rights for the song, claims that Timbaland used the "original and central identifying melodic, harmonic and rhythmic components" of the remix for "Do It".

The lawsuit was filed in the Miami-Dade Division of the US District Court Southern District of Florida. According to a report from music news site Music Radar, Kernel is requesting that Mosley Music (Timbaland's record label) and Geffen (Nelly's label) transfer the ownership of the song's copyrights, and is asking for an "an injunction prohibiting the further release, reprinting, performance and sale of the song 'Do It'".

Timbaland responded to the allegations in 2007: "It makes me laugh. The part I don't understand, the dude is trying to act like I went to his house and took it from his computer. I don't know him from a can of paint. I'm 15 years deep. That's how you attack a king? You attack moi? Come on, man. You got to come correct. You the laughing stock. People are like, 'You can't be serious.'"

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
You may say Furtado but I say Fartado, Furtado, Fartado, lets call the whole thing off.

Yeah I waited three years to use that joke.

Whatever, finally these stealing wankers are getting sued:
Source

QUOTE said:
Nearly three years since allegations first appeared accusing famed producer Timbaland of sampling chiptune track "Acidjazzed Evening" for Nelly Furtado's single "Do It" without giving credit or compensation, record label Kernel filed suit against Timbaland and Furtado for copyright infringement.

"Acidjazzed Evening" was originally composed by Finnish demoscene artist Janne "Tempest" Suni using a 4-channel Amiga module, then remixed with permission by Norwegian Glenn "GRG" Rune Gallefoss for the Commodore. Kernel, which owns the sound recording rights for the song, claims that Timbaland used the "original and central identifying melodic, harmonic and rhythmic components" of the remix for "Do It".

The lawsuit was filed in the Miami-Dade Division of the US District Court Southern District of Florida. According to a report from music news site Music Radar, Kernel is requesting that Mosley Music (Timbaland's record label) and Geffen (Nelly's label) transfer the ownership of the song's copyrights, and is asking for an "an injunction prohibiting the further release, reprinting, performance and sale of the song 'Do It'".

Timbaland responded to the allegations in 2007: "It makes me laugh. The part I don't understand, the dude is trying to act like I went to his house and took it from his computer. I don't know him from a can of paint. I'm 15 years deep. That's how you attack a king? You attack moi? Come on, man. You got to come correct. You the laughing stock. People are like, 'You can't be serious.'"

This guy is so far up his own ass he's __________________.

Fill the blank, I couldn't think of anything witty to say about this dickweed.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
musicians plagiarising! wow, I am completely shocked
rolleyes.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting turn of events, were I not otherwise engaged there probably is an analogy I could make with piracy and the arguments there.

oh and for those interested in this sort of thing

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dice said:
WRONG:
Code:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X58UPPKDsY[/youtube]

RIGHT:
Code:
[youtube]1X58UPPKDsY[/youtube]
(Only add the bit after the "v=")

you can also copy the embed code
CODE[youtube][/youtube]
result:

which means you can customise the colours as well
CODE[youtube][/youtube]
result:

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FAST6191 said:
Interesting turn of events, were I not otherwise engaged there probably is an analogy I could make with piracy and the arguments there.

oh and for those interested in this sort of thing

Well, I know where that is from now. Thanks.

cosmo2389

Trophies
Website
www.myotaku.com
XP
Country
United States
Yay, it may be bad to say, but I am really glad that something is finally being done about this... I just hope that the company suing Timbaland doesn't run out of steam before he gets what he deserves.

Maybe if this takes off all of the other artists that he has ripped off will surface as well! (See Below)

For the song in question:

For other songs:

And there are plenty more on Youtube, simply search for "Timbaland Thief" or "Timbaland Steals"...

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

@ cosmo2389 - you did it wrong, do it like this:

WRONG:
Code:

RIGHT:
Code:

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
dice said:
@ cosmo2389 - you did it wrong, do it like this:

WRONG:
Code:

RIGHT:
Code:

Damn, thats a pretty crazy coincidence. I do agree though, Timaland does have good taste.

Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This stuff happens all the time in modern pop music, especially rap(Let the flames fly for that one), but they usually never get caught. So it's not the fact that he did this that's so amazing, it's his egotistical response. What he needs to do is man up, admit he was caught and pay the guy. This is going to be a short court fight as the plagarism is very obvious.

Makes me want to sample one of his beats and make a song with it out of pure spite.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh well, no worse then all the stupid rednecks who think that Kid Rock's All Summer Long is an original tune when it's just Lynyrd Skynyrd's Sweet Home Alabama and the song Werewolf In London mixed together, it's stupid as hell that no one sued him for copyright infringement, but then again he might have at least credited the artists, otherwise he would be paying royalties out the ass for the rest of his life. Anyway, this comes as no surprise and I laugh at how fucking arrogant Timbaland is, that fatass SOB couldn't see originality if it slapped him in the face and gave him a BJ. I can't stand either of those hacks, they aren't musicians by any stretch, no one in pop music is a musician, they can't play and sure as shit can't sing. Would love to slug Timbaland in the face with a metal bat just to shut his sorry punk ass up.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
What a cocky little git, his retort basically says he knows exactly what he's done and doesn't give a toss because he thinks he's above it all. Argh people like that make me so mad, glad they're throwing the book at him. Hope it leaves a dent in his thick skull too! :shakefist: Given how close the match is they're either going to have to settle or lose and pay damages, from that youtube link there's no denying they're an exact match.

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
QUOTE said:

wow...timbaland is a shit head. damn rappers making shitty music these days know shit. im seriously laughing at the part where he says " The part I don't understand, the dude is trying to act like I went to his house and took it from his computer. I don't know him from a can of paint." wtf! and these fucking artist bithces complain aobut us and piracy, like "WE" go to their house and steal it. fuck them record labels and bastards, timbaland is a faggot. they're all just hypocrites and faggots.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I have deep respect for Nelly's music, she is cool. About Timbaland, I cannot comment.
They have so much money it.

Law said:
[M said:
artin]
Well, since we're on the topic...

Anyone that knows the main theme of the earlier Metal Gear Solid titles will notice the resemblance right off the bat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTcNUoxCmHIhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTcNUoxCmHI

It's not quite the same. It's probably more of a coincidence than anything. After all, there aren't an unlimited amount of melodies.

Awesome!, they are really similar!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."