Tiger Woods 2010 Freezing

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by wiimano, Jun 13, 2009.

Jun 13, 2009

Tiger Woods 2010 Freezing by wiimano at 5:11 AM (2,142 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. wiimano
    OP

Member wiimano GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have looked around for quite awhile now, and I can't seem to figure this out.

I can't load this game through backup launcher, neogamma, or usb loader gx, it freezes on the very first loading screen with the golf ball, and the white bar loads completely, but it just freezes on that screen. There is no way for me to get past it.

I have 4.0 system menu, I have tried cios rev 12 and cios rev 13, and started with cios rev 9.

Is there some sort of a fix or patch that I am not aware of? A missing IOS?

2. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    What's your Wii system version?

3. wiimano
    OP

United States
  4. dexter222

Member dexter222 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It should work if you use cIOS rev 13a (not 13b) and USB Loader GX - make sure you click on the 002 fix button for that game.

5. wiimano
    OP

United States
    does this work with neogamma or backup launcher? any way to work it that way?

6. squablo

Member squablo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Not sure what the problem is. I bought tiger with the motion plus bundle the day it came out, and have been playing from my hdd with no issue whatsoever. I am on 4.0, with rev12.

Not sure if I've played it through GX, Coverfloader, or WiiFlow, because I use all three depending on the mood that I'm in at the time. I have played through 18 holes, started a career, and done a few 9 hole matches with friends, and no problem.

Maybe you have a bad rip or something? I always use retail discs that I buy and dump them through the loaders, but I've read about people getting bad rips, or maybe the disc had a scratch on it? Try to dump it again, see what happens

Good luck, the game is great!

7. wiimano
    OP

United States
    if it was a bad dump, would it even be able to get up to the loading screen?

8. labosse

Newcomer labosse Newbie

France
    Hi,

I have exactly the same problem of frozen black screen but with a 3.2E PAL Wii.

I have tried everything (cIOS rev13a + NeogammaR3 / usb loader gx 002 fix / backup launcher 002 fix) but each time after the "EA" loading screen, i get this frozen black screen (Virtua tennis 2009 et grand slam tennis run well...)

If someone has successfully run pga tour 2010 through a PAL Wii, please let me know.

Thx.

9. Narolez

Member Narolez GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    If you install/dump the game on your wbfs device be sure that all partitions are copied, make a full dump not a dump without updates!

10. labosse

Newcomer labosse Newbie

France
    I had exactly the same problem and it was because of a bad uncompressed ISO. So the answer is Yes, a bad ISO is able to get to the loading screen and then freezes

Just try another ISO and it will work fine like me.