Tiger Woods 10/Grand Slam Tennis Online...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by diffikolt, Jun 17, 2009.

Jun 17, 2009
  1. diffikolt
    OP

Newcomer diffikolt Advanced Member

United States
    Obviously, a lot of people are having issues playing these games online. First, my specs...

4.0U Wii
    cIOS 249 Revision 13a installed.
    USB Loader GX, newest revision 533(Have also tried other revisions to no avail.)

Basically, it connects just long enough to begin to search for a match, and then disconnects.

I have no online issues with other games...just seems to be newer ones.

I have tried turning off WiiConnect24. I have tried enabling the Online Fix in USB Loader GX.

Some people seem to have no issues playing these games online whatsoever. Is it perhaps a fix in 13b?

I guess my next check will be to see if I can install 13b to 222, and use GX to use that IOS...maybe there's a fix.

So, let's compare.

Does it work for you? What is your setup? Anything patched?

2. Tagg7

Member Tagg7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I use rev10 and it works fine.

3. crezwell

Member crezwell GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I have the same setup except im on 3.2e not 4.0.
    Connected to Grand Slam Tennis no problems

4. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    How...and I'm asking...HOW hard could it be to put all the Backup-Stuff in the Backup-Section? Why isn't that possible? Please...for the next time...put it there...I don't want to be an ass, but save the hard work for the mods to shift all these topics...

Now, @Topic: Just wait...I wasn't able to go online via all my Games for one day, while it worked for others...the other day it worked...just wait...

5. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States

i burned tiger wood 10 and it's online works for me also grand slam tennis does not work for me burned but in a neo gamma usb loader it does

6. diffikolt
    OP

Newcomer diffikolt Advanced Member

United States
    This topic is just as relevant to Wii Hacking as it is to Backups--I chose to put it here because this forum gets much more attention. The backups are the same--pal, ntsc, etc.

The way the systems are hacked are what is causing the issues. Stop rent a modding.

It seems the problem may be fixed in the newest revision. I'll test when I get home.

r534
    * remove all onlinefix stuff and replaced with a permanentfix (without IOS-reload)

Thanks for the replies, guys.

7. Snave2008

Member Snave2008 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I had this exact same problem. It's (as far as I have found) to do with the loading times when using a backup through either a backup loader or by using Cioscorp. As I'm sure you know it runs at 3x speed as oppose to a retail disk running at 6x speed.

If you play against someone else using a backup you can play fine however when you play someone using a retail copy, they will load the match sooner than you and then you'll be disconnected once you've loaded.

As soon as I upgraded to using the USB loader however I had no problems whatsoever. Loading times across the whole game are a hell of a lot better and I haven't had a single disconnect.

Hope this helps!

8. myers

Newcomer myers Member

United Kingdom
    iv same setup as you and tiger woods online seems to plays a bit wierd, i can go a couple of hours wi no hassle and then it'll just freeze other times it'll do it after 5 mins (really annoying when ya av a decent round and near the end [​IMG] [​IMG] )

maybe its just the hdd whey using

im sure there'll be a fix soon, we'll just have to be patient [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. cme

Newcomer cme Member

Spain
    sorry for the n00b question but is it safe to play backup games on-line? Using the multiplayer option?

10. Tagg7

Member Tagg7 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Completely safe. As long as you don't cheat, Nintendo has no way of detecting that you're not using an original copy.

11. cme

Newcomer cme Member

Spain
    for real? [​IMG]
    thanks mate