Tiger Electronics is bringing back their monochrome handheld games later this year

sonic.png

3637921-transformers tiger electronics.jpg 3637922-little mermaid tiger electronics.jpg 3637923-xmen tiger electronics.jpg

If you were around in the 1990's, you might remember those old Tiger Electronics handheld games. At least, the company is hoping you remember them fondly, as they'll be bringing back those nostalgic little devices later this fall. Classic black-and-white games such as Transformers, X-Men, and The Little Mermaid will be available, looking exactly as they did when they originally released, all those years ago. They've even remaking the Sonic 3 version, so while SEGA may pretend the game doesn't exist anymore, Tiger Electronics is here for all your Sonic 3 re-release needs. You'll be able to buy each of these at GameStop, for $14.99.

:arrow: Source

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
When I was a kid, about 7 or so, my 'mother' bought me one of these. Specifically the one for Aladdin. Which is bad even by Tiger standards. See, the enemies throw apples, swords, etc. You're meant to dodge, they boomerang back, they die. But due to a glitch in the 'programming', you have essentially infinite health. And the enemy weapons boomerang back and kill them regardless of whether you get hit or not. So to beat this game, you press start. Set it down and go make yourself a sandwich. It'll do the rest without your help.

Now that is bad enough, but it gets worse. See, she bought me this for a long car trip to Cornwall (about a 9 hour drive). But she bought this atrocity with MY MONEY. Took all my savings out of my account and bought this 'on my behalf'. When I was saving up for Super Metroid. And it gets even worse than that. See, I've done the research and the Aladdin themed pile of plastic crap she got me was never sold for how much I had saved, not even half of it. So where is the rest of my money? She spent it all in River Island on a frock so she could be a total hoe-bag and cheat on my dad while we were on holiday.

So to me these pieces of barely playable bleeping garbage are a reminder of theft, deceit, a total lack of human decency, and me not being able to play Super Metroid until some 20 years later when it finally came to the 3DS eShop. Don't bring these things back. They deserve to die in a fire. And frankly so does my 'mother'.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks... now when is my giga pets coming back. I need to wake up to a beeping keychain that tells me my pet died while I went to bed over night due to not feeding it or cleaning poop. :ninja:

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was a kid, about 7 or so, my 'mother' bought me one of these. Specifically the one for Aladdin. Which is bad even by Tiger standards. See, the enemies throw apples, swords, etc. You're meant to dodge, they boomerang back, they die. But due to a glitch in the 'programming', you have essentially infinite health. And the enemy weapons boomerang back and kill them regardless of whether you get hit or not. So to beat this game, you press start. Set it down and go make yourself a sandwich. It'll do the rest without your help.

Now that is bad enough, but it gets worse. See, she bought me this for a long car trip to Cornwall (about a 9 hour drive). But she bought this atrocity with MY MONEY. Took all my savings out of my account and bought this 'on my behalf'. When I was saving up for Super Metroid. And it gets even worse than that. See, I've done the research and the Aladdin themed pile of plastic crap she got me was never sold for how much I had saved, not even half of it. So where is the rest of my money? She spent it all in River Island on a frock so she could be a total hoe-bag and cheat on my dad while we were on holiday.

So to me these pieces of barely playable bleeping garbage are a reminder of theft, deceit, a total lack of human decency, and me not being able to play Super Metroid until some 20 years later when it finally came to the 3DS eShop. Don't bring these things back. They deserve to die in a fire. And frankly so does my 'mother'.

Be careful not to overdose on the edge there, bud...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Somebody link the AVGN 64 bits video

You're thinking of the Atari Jaguar video, not the Tiger Electronics one...

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nothing can beat these!
I love these consoles, because of the racing game, and the one in which your character is a square and you have to shoot other squares.
And I loved the tetris in which you could change the shape of the tetriminio. I never lost! I am winner!

I hope Tiger has Hi-Def graphics and exchangeable cartridges.

tetris-brick-game-9999-in-1-D_NQ_NP_847894-MLM31225241562_062019-F.jpg

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It certainly isn't worth anything more than 5 dollars, but i want one of these. I had a Hot Wheels one (not made by Tiger Eletronics) and it was trash but who cares i want one anyway.
Also the Game&Watch devices are the only good monochrome handheld (i genuinely enjoy Game&Watch games)

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: