Hacking tickets/titles/wads

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i have Title Uninstaller and i want to uninstall some tickets/wads.

whats the best way for me to identify which title is what channel?

also if i want a channel to overwrite another one, is there an application to help me modify the title/ticket/whatever to make it match the one i want to overwrite (i presume thats how u do it)

also i'm obviously confused between what tickets and titles are lol.

HopOnRocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also have a question about uninstalling some games...
Now I I originally put some wads on my console using the manager and they worked fine. But once I was done I deleted them off my sd card.
So in order to delete these games in the future I would have to put them back on my sd card and then uninstall them? What if the name of the wad is not the same does that matter? Because I can't remember what I called some of them. I'd use the original wad I installed with again... I have it saved in a folder on my computer.

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Most of my channels are homebrew so such a list is useless.

When i injected an updated homebrew version into a homebrew channel (using autoinjector) and installed it, i got duplicate channels, so i guess that changed the title ID.

I just want to know if there is a PC application which can read (and possibly edit) title id's from wads... then i can know what title id's to keep when i am cleaning my wii memory.

Also is there an application to modify Channel names?

HopOnRocks said:
I also have a question about uninstalling some games...
Now I I originally put some wads on my console using the manager and they worked fine. But once I was done I deleted them off my sd card.
So in order to delete these games in the future I would have to put them back on my sd card and then uninstall them? What if the name of the wad is not the same does that matter? Because I can't remember what I called some of them. I'd use the original wad I installed with again... I have it saved in a folder on my computer.
with wad manager, the naming of the wads shouldn't matter as long as the title id is identical.

you don't even need the wad if you have the title-uninstaller app.

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
then at what offset may i find the title ID?

also any way to make a PAL wii display japanese characters in channel names? (because the daigasso channel name is blank on my wii)?
if not then thats a reason to modify the channel name to english characters.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I got a good question...

Let's say I put a bunch of wads on my Wii when the managers first came out... and before anyone said it was bad to delete them with the Wii instead of Wad Uninstaller, I did just that...

Now, how do I go about wiping out ALL the tickets that I don't need, but not doing a full system format?

jayparadox

Trophies
Website
pokemon-project.com
XP
Country
Spain
I got bushings title lister, exported all the list to a *.txt file on the SD and built 4Kb WAD files with the TitleID changed to the one I wanted to delete. You don't need to sign the ticket, so you can simply edit the WAD with a HEX editor.

Open any WAD, and go to offset 0xC1C. This is the start of a 8 byte long number, which is the TitleID. It as simple has changing that number(in HEX format) to match the desired title you want to delete.

HopOnRocks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fission said:
As long as the ticket ID is the same as the one installed - then name of the file doesn't matterWow this is all new to me... I never really read into this stuff before I through some games on my system.
How exactly can I check to see what my ticket id's are?

QUOTE(OSW @ Jul 18 2008, 10:58 AM) with wad manager, the naming of the wads shouldn't matter as long as the title id is identical.

you don't even need the wad if you have the title-uninstaller app.
Again, how can I check what my title id is?

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
if you can use a hex editor: as jayparadox said, Open any WAD, and go to offset 0xC1C.

thanks everyone.

still wondering about editing channel names though. when you use autoinjectorwad you can modify the name of an injected rom but that doesn't serve my purposes.

another question: i found out some of my wads have bad tickets (?) as they have "kikekakikrules!!" imprinted on them. Is this the only difference to these files? if i replace that will it be a good ticket?

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
title lister:
WiiCrazy said:
Then my modification of bushing's app comes handy
smile.gif

It dumps the output of the title lister app to a text file called TITLELIS.TXT in the sd.

here : http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/title_lister.rar

man i have a lot of bad wads! any good databases of title ids around?

are programs such as autoinjectorwad, freethewads or wwpacker modifying the title id too?

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I already found those links but they are not sufficient because

A. they don't apply to homebrew channels (and channels that i injected which somehow changed the ID)
and
B. if i was only talking abt VC games those lists are not expanisve enough.

So i was lazy (And also lost some original wads) and deleted a bunch of channels using the wii system menu instead of wad manager/title uninstaller.

Since as far as i know this leaves tickets behind, Is there a way to identify those solo tickets that have the rest of the data deleted?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: happy birth +1