Tickets still haven't arrived...

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Harsky, Jul 5, 2007.

Jul 5, 2007

Tickets still haven't arrived... by Harsky at 6:05 PM (1,002 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Last year, my sister bought tickets for T in the Park festival and she enjoyed it so much, she bought another one for this year. She paid 200 GBP for 2 tickets last month... and they still haven't come yet. What made me angry was that my sister didn't want to send an email asking why the tickets haven't arrived yet because "she doesn't want to bother the seller" until I nagged her and she sent the email last week. She replied saying that she sent it already and considering it was the same week that the post office in the UK held a strike for a day, we accepted that as her reason but with that said, my sister spent another 200 GBP in case the ticket hasn't arrived.

And so, with the festival starting tomorrow and the first tickets she bought still hasn't arrived (but the second tickets she bought arrived on Tuesday) she's now asking me to help her but I have no idea what to do first. She did pay by paypal but I don't know if it's

1. The seller's fault for grabbing the money and running off but fobbing off with excuses
    2. The post office's fault and maybe I can work it into a "I MISSED THE MOST IMPORTANT EVENT OF MY LIFE"

2. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    There is a lot of fake tickets going around and also there is scammers all over the place thats taking money and not sending out ticket you need to watch out when it comes to T in the park tickets. My sister payed £200 for a ticket last week and she got it two days ago. I guess its just luck she might even go and it turns out her ticket is a fake.

3. JPH

Banned JPH Banned

United States
    I don't live in the UK...but, if you can buy tickets at the door to this festival or whatever tommorow, go to the show and have a good time. Then send an email to this fellow telling him that you didn't recieve the tickets in time for the festival and want a refund or we will file a fraud on you.

Probably doesn't help, hope it works out though. [​IMG]

4. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

United Kingdom
    Where did she buy the tickets originally? Did she pay by credit card? If she paid by credit card you should be able to claim the money back. Its always better getting these from a well known web site. That way you know your going to get them. I get mine usually from ticket master. They let you print out the actual ticket as well. So you don't need to worry about getting it.

5. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    The problem with T in the park is ticketmaster and all of the other well known ticket places sell out in minutes, So then people who want to go need to turn to ticket touts which can be a risky way to get tickets.

6. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    Should've said it was ebay and she paid with Paypal. I was lucky in that I use ebay a lot and never got cheated out of my money but I seriously have no idea how to claim it back. Apparently, the seller emailed her a reference number that tells the status of where the mail is.... but the sad thing is... it doesn't tell WHERE the letter is. It just tells if the letter arrived at the buyer'slocation or not and so far... IT HASN'T. I'm just a little glad her second ticket arrived in time. Otherwise she would have to return her bus ticker, her camping gear and all the camping supplies.

Yes. She bought all the stuff and not wondering if the tickets will arrive or not.

7. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Contact the seller again and ask for proof of postage or a recorded delivery tracking number. Because no Ebay seller in their right mind would send something that valuble without using recorded delivery. It's a royal mail thing, they give the poster a tracking number and you have to sign when it arrives, so royal mail know
    1. if the parcel arrived, and
    2. who signed for it.

A ticket seller would be dense not to use it, it protects them from people recieving the goods then faking that they never arrived to get their money back. If the seller won't give you a number then it's probably a scam, call in paypal, card companies, and so on.

8. Harsky
    OP

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    It only just occured to me now... the seller used SECOND CLASS DELIVERY.

As soon as my sister comes back, I'm going to get her to send the email

9. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Haha sorry in the time it took me to ramble you said you've already got a reference number. Can you verify that that number really matches up with a letter coming to your address? (ie that they haven't just given you any old number). If it does then it's Royal Mail you want to be chasing, or get the seller to chase them, I'm not sure how it works with non-business sellers. (if it was from a company I'd say contact the selling company and they'd kick royal mail up the ass)

(You can do recorded delivery second class, I just checked [​IMG] )