Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From IGN:
"Last month IGN learned Nintendo of America (NOA) is moving its sales and marketing departments to New York and San Francisco. Employees were apparently given an ultimatum to either make the move or accept a severance package. Today sources close to IGN tell us that several key executives within the company have opted for the latter option.

Senior Director of Public Relations Beth Llewelyn, Vice President of Marking and Corporate Affairs Perrin Kaplan, and Senior Vice President of Marketing and Corporate Communications George Harrison will all be leaving Nintendo of America in the near future. The exact date of their departures is unknown and a little event called E3 is coming up next month.

Harrison and Kaplan have been with the company since 1992, and Llewelyn was hired in 1996. They leave behind President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime, perhaps the only well-known executive left at NOA."

pikachucrackpipe

President
Trophies
Website
live.xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
its been my experience that when a company moves from America to overseas it's to save money and usually product price goes down - i would expect the opposite since they are moving major offices to the us. people in the us get paid alot more than other countries.

but who knows, nintendo has done some good things lately. so nothing might change.

sigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
People in the US get paid alot more than other countries? I wouldn't be too sure about that one, as cost and standards of living etc comes into such a factor. London is pretty expensive (and people who do earn quite a bit still struggle)

Anyway, it would be interesting to know why the move...

spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to be argumentative, but this is Nintendo of America. I believe they were based out of Redmond, WA before. Now it looks like they'll have their sales and marketing offices in San Fran and New York. I don't see any mention of things over seas.

And as an aside, what is a COO? Chief something officer, I'm sure.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
its been my experience that when a company moves from America to overseas it's to save money and usually product price goes down - i would expect the opposite since they are moving major offices to the us. people in the us get paid alot more than other countries.
But they are just moving the existing offices in the US to another location in the US.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hey, maybe this gives nintendo some better PR...
I mean... Here in sweden there are only commersials or ads for PSP PS3 PS2 and Xbox360... it feels like ninty has been left behind in all commersials...

Maybe, this will get better soon, due to the marketing dudes that quit...

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
But this is Nintendo of America
tongue.gif

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, maybe this gives nintendo some better PR...
I mean... Here in sweden there are only commersials or ads for PSP PS3 PS2 and Xbox360... it feels like ninty has been left behind in all commersials...

Maybe, this will get better soon, due to the marketing dudes that quit...
Its different over here I've not seen a PS3 or 360 ad for a while but every odd ad break I see Wii or DS games being advertised, NOE seem to have got it right this time.

It was different when George Harrison was working for Nintendo of Europe there was hardly any adverts, since he went to America we've had tons.

Most of these people arrived before the N64 was released so its a bit of a end of an era for some people, but these are the days of the Regginator and I'm sure its out there looking for some new people to replace them. I wonder if M$ would employ them seeing that they are right next to the current NOA headquarters.

Shame about Beth and Perrin as they did have some pretty good PR skills, George on the other hand didn't but said the odd interesting comment.

hanman

I'm a pretty lucky guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo's advertising branches have been in a coma for the past few years before the wii launch. i wonder if this signals them slipping back into hibernation...

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users