Three New Shovel Knight amiibo Announced at Nindies@Night

ShovelKnightamiibo.jpg

Three new Shovel Knight amiibo revealed:

By tapping three new amiibo figures based on King Knight, Plague Knight and Specter Knight while playing Shovel Knight, players can unlock exclusive armor sets, new challenge stages and the ability to summon fairy companions to accompany players on quests.

Shovel Knight: King of Cards is the last campaign in the Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove saga and is sure to become the crown jewel of the series. Players shoulder bash, spin jump and swing their scepter as King Knight to greedily conquer bite-sized levels over four new worlds. In between stages, players demonstrate their strategic genius by competing against other knights in a new card game. By tapping three new amiibo figures* based on King Knight, Plague Knight and Specter Knight while playing Shovel Knight, players can unlock exclusive armor sets, new challenge stages and the ability to summon fairy companions to accompany players on quests. Shovel Knight: King of Cards launches on Nintendo Switch in early 2018. The launch date for the new amiibo will be announced in the future.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope a new shovel knight 2 is coming for these amiibos, really not sure how i feel about buying amiibos with very limited use between games. Sure my shovel knight works in Azure striker gunvolt on 3ds and nintendo switch but all it does in breath of the wild is give me random items i don't need. :(

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Three new Shovel Knight amiibo revealed:

Shovel Knight: King of Cards is the last campaign in the Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove saga and is sure to become the crown jewel of the series. Players shoulder bash, spin jump and swing their scepter as King Knight to greedily conquer bite-sized levels over four new worlds. In between stages, players demonstrate their strategic genius by competing against other knights in a new card game. By tapping three new amiibo figures* based on King Knight, Plague Knight and Specter Knight while playing Shovel Knight, players can unlock exclusive armor sets, new challenge stages and the ability to summon fairy companions to accompany players on quests. Shovel Knight: King of Cards launches on Nintendo Switch in early 2018. The launch date for the new amiibo will be announced in the future.

Judging by looks of the amiibo only, I like Plague the most. King Knight looks alright as well, but his colors are too bright imo. Specter looks a bit too plasticy for me.

D

Deleted User

A very expensive form of on-disk DLC. Wait, what? Umm... in-game DLC?

How does this content get unlocked on non-Nintendo systems?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Remember when multiplayer was locked behind an amiibo for Shovel Knight? That isn't cosmetic at all. It's locked content.
I did say "typically."

Amiibo are obviously Nintendo marketing, but at least you get a cool figurine to sit on your shelf instead of, "drink another verification can of DEWRITOS to unlock the next level!"

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/