Three EZFlash 3in1 questions

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by Trel, Jul 25, 2008.

Jul 25, 2008

Three EZFlash 3in1 questions by Trel at 5:48 AM (1,295 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Trel
    OP

Newcomer Trel Advanced Member

United States
    -If I have a pokemon game on there (in NOR) and I then try to use the Pal Park in Diamond and Pearl, will it recognize the game?
    -Will a game loaded on there work with a physical GameShark?
    -It doesn't have a realtime clock, so what would happen if I use a game that uses this such as Pokemon Emerald?

2. SkankyYankee

Member SkankyYankee GBAtemp Advanced Skank

United States
    i cant answer the pokemon questions for you but if you load the game into NOR flash it will make the Pak act like a normal GBA game of your choice. i dont own a GS for DS so i don't know if a dust cover sized cart will fit in the game shark. I do know there is a way to autopatch so you don't need the hardware

3. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    1. Only if the Diamond or Pearl rom is patched to read the save data from the 3-in-1's SRAM instead of the flash memory that the GBA Pokemon game paks used. This means that you cannot migrate your pokeymen directly to a retail Diamond or Pearl game pak. You can migrate to a rom on a slot 1 flashcart then transfer the save to the game pak though.

You can get the patch here: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=...=a&start=15

2. Dunno. I think it would probably work as a cheat device, but it may have issues with backing up saves.

3. The clock won't run in the game, same as if the battery in the game pak died. Any event that requires time to pass will not work. GBATA has a fix for Ruby and Sapphire (makes the clock run in-game, it obviously can't keep running when the power is off like the original though), but not for Emerald. Leaf Green and Fire Red don't use clocks, so they work normally.

4. Trel
    OP

Newcomer Trel Advanced Member

United States
    Then one more question. Would games that just require the presense of a cart work without patching, such as the Megaman ZX Advent game looking for the Megaman Zero games? (All it wants is the peresnes, not the save game)?

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    Yes. If the DS game doesn't read the save data from the GBA game then it will think the 3-in-1 is a genuine game pak.