Three biggest dept stores in Australia won't stock Vita (for now)

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Am i wrong in thinking that it'd be DOA if the three more recognisable Video Game retailers in Australia had refused to stock it rather than 3 more multipurpose stores who's demographic may not be the Vita (taken from Internet searches it's still be stocked in the primary gaming establishments EB, GAME and JB Hifi - correct me if i'm mistaken Australian 'tempers)

Given the premium mark up that takes place in Australia surely it's not that surprising since those 3 stores would probably not want to take a risk getting early premium priced stock that doesn't shift.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, because you have to be a Nintendo fanboy to read/assume something wrong and to take opinions as facts.

I'd say "have you ever seen the Nintendo fanboys on this site?"
But crap look who i'm talking to.

Anyway, much, much, much more often than not, it's the Nintendo fanboys being complete morons every chance they can. It's like a cavalry of white knights rushing in on noble steeds, only to have them post and reveal they're just really pale basement nerds on donkeys with absolutely no ability to formulate an argument, and instead jump to baseless claims, out of context quotes, and just plain dipshittery. This also applies to bashing 'rival' companies, like Sony, in the same fashion, in every thread. It gets a little boring. You "don't have to be a nintendo fanboy to make a moronic post", but it's always pretty clear when someone DOES have their head shoved up Nintendo's ass. The Vita doomsday squad being one group of very obvious Nintentards.

Reactions: 1 person

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Edited the thread title to also respect the more sensible souls on this site. *snicker*

EDIT: Also, it goes without saying, but keep this civil, guys. Or I'll have to close this thread too. Thanks :yay:

Reactions: 4 people

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say "have you ever seen the Nintendo fanboys on this site?"
Yeah and not all of them or maybe even most are like "Sony is DOOM!!!!" or whatever. The people that jump in most of time know what they are talking have to do so because ironically just like you, the other hypocritical people like to belittle and say basely claims (such as if you deem someone wrong they are most likely a Nintendo fanboy) to make them feel better about themselves when most of the times the comments are completely irrational.

Which it is funny because (sorry to blow you cover mjax ), but you are wrong about the guy.

I would say more,but all you going do is put more belittling comments out and put the fanboy card up.
So in other words, it's pointless.

Reactions: 2 people

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I think of a "Department Store" I always think of something like "JC Penny" or "Mervyns", of COURSE stores like that wouldn't be stocking Vitas, you go there for cheap clothes. Clearly I have a wrong impression of Dept. stores. :mellow:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Whenever I think of a "Department Store" I always think of something like "JC Penny" or "Mervyns", of COURSE stores like that wouldn't be stocking Vitas, you go there for cheap clothes. Clearly I have a wrong impression of Dept. stores. :mellow:
A department store is a retail establishment which satisfies a wide range of durable goods and products to the consumer's personal and residential needs; and at the same time offering the consumer a choice of multiple merchandise lines, at variable price points, in all product categories.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A department store is a retail establishment which satisfies a wide range of durable goods and products to the consumer's personal and residential needs; and at the same time offering the consumer a choice of multiple merchandise lines, at variable price points, in all product categories.

!g Department Stores

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyway, much, much, much more often than not, it's the Nintendo fanboys being complete morons every chance they can.
That might be the case, but that's no reason to assume it's always the case.
Besides, your stance comes off better if you leave the whole fanboy stuff out of it.
Not to mention calling someone a fanboy gives them an excuse for being a "moron" as opposed to just simply being a moron. :P

But yea, unless dedicated game stores start saying they're refusing to stock I'm sure the Vita will be fine.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
there is too much negativity on the vita. prev it was HEY! VITA IS AWESOME AND I AM BUYING ONE! but now its no one is buying vita. was it just sudden bursts of excitement or sudden realisation that they dont have the money anymore.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
there is too much negativity on the vita. prev it was HEY! VITA IS AWESOME AND I AM BUYING ONE! but now its no one is buying vita. was it just sudden bursts of excitement or sudden realisation that they dont have the money anymore.
I hate to say it but it's kinda true.

Remember previously how many people are so hyped?

But I disagree about no one buying - its just not as good as expected.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
lol
It's not like they're gonna be any cheaper buying from a department store...
Just pick it up from Dicksmith or JB Hi-Fi.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the 3DS got more hype. It's like Sony isn't even trying this time around.

Not sure if trolling or...

Not trying? It's practically PS3-quality graphics in the palm of your hand with a bagillion other functions. It's also the first handheld with two analog sticks. If this is "not trying" to you then you either have incredibly high standards, incredibly dumb standards, or both.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Not trying? It's practically PS3-quality graphics in the palm of your hand with a bagillion other functions. It's also the first handheld with two analog sticks. If this is "not trying" to you then you either have incredibly high standards, incredibly dumb standards, or both.

I believe he means that Sony have maintained their status quo with respect to public awareness. If Nintendo know anything they know how to advertise product....Sony on the other hand are clueless. Most people don't even know that there's a major new platform being released next week and that's just awful.....in one sense Sony almost deserve a bad launch for all the effort they've put in.

And don't even get me started on how bad i job i think John Koller is doing....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.