THQ Defaults on a loan from Wells Fargo

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Lurker2, Nov 12, 2012.

Nov 12, 2012
  1. Lurker2
    OP

Banned Lurker2 Banned!

United States
    Source
    With Darksiders 2 selling poorly, I don't think THQ can continue at this rate. Hopefully a good company buys some of their better IPs at least.

Rasas likes this.
  2. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    That sucks...
    All I've played from THQ over the past several years have been the Darksiders games and UFC games, but those 5 games are good enough for me to hope THQ doesn't fail (or that the teams at least find a home elsewhere...).

3. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Eh, a bit sad, I actually like THQ and they still make some pretty solid games, I'd say more so than EA or Activision. Hopefully Saints Row will get handed off to someone, it's a solid franchise that does rake in the money, and I heard decent things about Darksiders II as well.

I'm guessing Homefront 2 will be canned, the IP is hardly worth nabbing as it's not gonna be able to compete with Battlefield or CoD.

4. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I wouldn't write THQ off yet. They still have a few big games coming down the pipeline (South Park: The Stick of Truth and the next Saints Row) that should hopefully sell well. It won't be enough money to solve all of their woes, sure, but it might be just enough to keep them afloat for the time being.

5. SubliminalSegue

Member SubliminalSegue GBAtemp Fan

United States
    It's really odd, because part of THQ does rather well, and other parts don't. I know the WWE games are a decent sell for them, whereas Darksiders might not have been as good as they hoped. And Saints is probably one of their better sellers, but they don't churn out annual sequels like EA, Activision and Ubisoft do.

I guess the question is...do they need more annual sequels?