Others Thoughts on whether I should buy Vita or Switch

Sh1nji

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys i've been thinking about buying a handheld console as I never played a handheld for almost a decade after the PSP which my father's brother brought to me back in 2012 and eventually became unplayable due to unknown issues (idk if the charger or the charging port of the PSP itself is broken). So I just decided to put it away until it just got worse years after because the buttons were eventually stuck and so as the memory stick that doesn't read sometimes after I've tried charging it for countless times last year so I just decided to throw it away after we moved out to where I used to live in my whole life.

I've also been saving money on buying a handheld console instead hoping that I could sooner or later afford it and I also bought a cheap bluetooth controller on an online store to be comfy while playing videogames on my smartphone temporarily.

Anyways what do you think I should buy? I'm also really interested in the SMT franchise and it's also the reason why I first decided on buying it then I found out that there's a Switch Lite that costs for additional few backs than Vita instead.

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Depend on what you want, every vita can be hacked for HB or piracy while it is harder on switch.
Vita has better battery life + oled screen.

I don't think there will be a lot of new game on vita while switch is "current gen"

Reactions: Kopimist

Sh1nji

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depend on what you want, every vita can be hacked for HB or piracy while it is harder on switch.
Vita has better battery life + oled screen.

I don't think there will be a lot of new game on vita while switch is "current gen"
As someone who loved the Persona series right after finishing the 3rd game on the Portable version, I think it's a really great option because not only I get to play P4G but also I could play it's previous titles because that console itself is able to perfectly emulate PSX, PSP, GBA and etc.

I think Switch is also a pretty good option but yeah i'm really poor and especially 'cause I live in 3rd world which means the prices are even more ridiculous in here. You also need to pay for a subscription or buy the games too unlike Vita that is already jailbroken when you buy a second-hand of it, you only need to have an internet connection to download the videogames that you want. I do think that the Vita's library is good but it still makes up for it because like I mentioned above it is a really good console for emulation. I really hope I can buy one next year, I might probably work in a call center agency next year.
Get a hackable switch
It's a good idea but i'm sure most of them pricey. Anyway do people in your country sell their previous gen consoles at a high price? In here they become cheaper overtime, the PS2 costs around $60, the PSX/PSOne is around $40-50, while the PS3 is at the same price as Vita around $70-80. Needless to say I still couldn't afford it. Switch just have a lot of issues in which i'm really worried about, the joy-con drifting and etc.

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vitas aren't exactly cheap now either...

You might save some money looking for a banned switch. You can be pretty confident it will be hackable at least.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Get a Switch. No point in thinking otherwise. A new/current machine vs a dead system.

If you get a chip or a hackable system, it even becomes a brain dead decision.

Get a vita if you have love or nostalgia for Playstation systems or games.

Most of the emulation the vita does, the Switch can do as well. But there's nothing quite as compelling as native psx and psp emulation.

I have both, hacked. But choosing now, get the latest.

Also, I feel the Switch is way overrated and too damned expensive for what it is.

Reactions: Flame

Sh1nji

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Vitas aren't exactly cheap now either...

You might save some money looking for a banned switch. You can be pretty confident it will be hackable at least.
I'm saving money rn but I don't think I'll be able to get one this year.
In France vita are usually between 70 and 80 USD. Hackable Switch are 250+
Switch are pretty expensive these days, especially the hackable one.
Get a Switch. No point in thinking otherwise. A new/current machine vs a dead system.

If you get a chip or a hackable system, it even becomes a brain dead decision.

Get a vita if you have love or nostalgia for Playstation systems or games.

Most of the emulation the vita does, the Switch can do as well. But there's nothing quite as compelling as native psx and psp emulation.

I have both, hacked. But choosing now, get the latest.

Also, I feel the Switch is way overrated and too damned expensive for what it is.
I'm a bit bias on PlayStation because of how strong it's library of games is, not only that but it was home for some of the RPG masterpieces.

I agree with Switch being too overrated and expensive for what is, and it also had a lot of issues too. It's just not worth it for me. Sure Switch can be hackable but probably it's still difficult and buying an already hacked console of Switch has a ludicrous price.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm saving money rn but I don't think I'll be able to get one this year.

Switch are pretty expensive these days, especially the hackable one.

I'm a bit bias on PlayStation because of how strong it's library of games is, not only that but it was home for some of the RPG masterpieces.

I agree with Switch being too overrated and expensive for what is, and it also had a lot of issues too. It's just not worth it for me. Sure Switch can be hackable but probably it's still difficult and buying an already hacked console of Switch has a ludicrous price.
Look, do this reasoning:
You like Nintendo games (everybody does, I know that!), and are willing to pay for them, even if used? Are you willing to purchase games without resorting to piracy? Switch. No question.

You wanna game on the cheap? A dead system, without new games coming, so you can't support it, making piracy the main way to keep it alive? With quite a few good games, and an insane amount of quality homebrew? Vita

If you are short on money, go to the used market and get a Switch. Sometimes people sell them with a few games. Specially the Lite, which, for some reason, I find them cheaper than a used New 3DS XL in second hand markets...

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have both, I certainly have used my vita more than my switch.

I got a switch pretty cheap before fusee gelee was released, but still was something like 3x the price of a vita.

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Both.jpg

CloudStrife1901

Trophies
XP
Country
Check places like Facebook market place for nintendo switch consoles and don't be afraid to ask for the serial number so you can check to see if it can be modded on here www.Ismyswitchpatched.com

I paid £130 for a V1 unmodded switch system in pristine condition that came with brand new white oled joycons

grubgrub

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Check places like Facebook market place for nintendo switch consoles and don't be afraid to ask for the serial number so you can check to see if it can be modded on here www.Ismyswitchpatched.com

I paid £130 for a V1 unmodded switch system in pristine condition that came with brand new white oled joycons

Yea facebook market0place has some good prices, check out for the grey boxes and ask for some of the serial number.
Many people are looking to trade in their switch for the OLED.

1637359330235.png

Dud

Cheesehead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also consider that if you do get and CFW the switch, it isn't permanent. You'll have to run through RCM and inject a payload every time you reboot the switch. Kind of a pro and con imo. Oh, and don't forget joycon drift (Unless you send in your controllers to Nintendo before you mod)!

Vita will give you the Vita, PSP, a few PS2 titles/homebrew ports, and PSX native libraries. At pretty much full speed. Nothing beats that.

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to assume you've already looked into what games you're into on either system. As people have mentioned, the Switch is currently supported with is a detriment and boon, as you'll constantly get new games but if you're interested in CFW, you're fighting an uphill battle. The Vita may be dead but it's got a massive library supporting it, through legal and less than legal ways.

I don't touch my Switch now-a-days due to I actually don't like holding it paired with the struggle of keeping homebrew up to date. I also find the Vita more convenient for my needs for Desktop streaming and all that.

AllanFF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Look, do this reasoning:
You like Nintendo games (everybody does, I know that!), and are willing to pay for them, even if used? Are you willing to purchase games without resorting to piracy? Switch. No question.

Just take into consideration that by "everybody does", you mean you do, because I don't like nintendo games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: