Hacking Thoughts on what to do?

MFDC12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I haven't done much or kept up with 360 modding stuffs until Friday, and haven't reflashed my drive in about a year (last time was early/mid-december) and I have one of the old phats (it is about 3 years old now), that was the last time I updated my dash too. So I hear that updating the dash will restore my drive back to stock properties? This seems sort of llike a hassle to upgrade the drive and the dashboard now, especially since I have no true means to flash anymore since my laptop with my esata port is busted.
So now I am faced with a two choices it appears

Getting Xecuter 360 USB Pro X360USB Pro JungleFlasher Edition, restoring to stock, update dash, upgrade ixtreme everytime there is an update
Modding it with the reset glitch the get jtag functionality.

I'd be fine/content with the first, it would be almost preferable since then I could connect to live (which in all honesty I just use to use for the store to get dlc and play indie games, which I am assuming no one has added this functionality to freeboot yet), but then I think of all the hassle this is to even do that (I bridge my laptops ethernet port with the wireless connection and hook that to the 360) and alot of bad burns, worrying if it is patched ok, etc. Then I start to think, what if microsoft somehow patches the reset glitch hack like they did with jtag exploit and I miss out on another chance to have that sort of functionality and how much easier things would be (no needing to burn and transfer to hard drive, upgrading hard drive, etc. Preferably I would probably have a slim 360 for legit games + dlc and such (transferring everything) because I assume they fixed the problems with it scratching discs and such, plus it has wireless, but this is probably not a possibility anytime soon.

I guess my question(s) is(are), should I worry about ms patching the reset glitch hack somehow? If I chose to just do the reset glitch, what do the solder points compare to (like, ps1 vs xbox1's modchips points, etc)? Should I just keep up with ixtreme and new dashes until I get a slim?

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
From what I read I think the rgh is already patched out it a hardware revision. I don't think it was to stop the rgh so much as it was to cut manufacturing costs. There is also a new cat and mouse game going on with cfw DVD drives as LT+3.0 is already in the works thanks to dae.bin being silently updated through live. If I were you I'd rgh the phat that you own and pick up a new slim for playing on live.

neotank19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rumor is the RGH is blocked in the latest dash update. I know the inventors of the hack said it would be impossible to block. I'm not sure where this rumor started but I'll be waiting to hear from C4E if it's safe to update. Like you I don't want to lose the possibility of the RGH on my 360 but right now I really have no need for it with the custom firmware.

On a side note I don't mind playing legit games untill LT3.0 comes out

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM