Gaming Thoughts on integrating the tablet plus the wiimote on next Zelda

lightning099

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i thought about this for a bit and it hit me, since the tablet controller has a built in accelerometer why not make a strap attachment to sell with the game so that you can use it as a shield and have a grip bar where most of your neccessary controls could be.

New thought: Since this might not just be limited to zelda you could use the tablet as a radar when playing an FPS game where the wiimote is point and shoot.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Well I don't know about all this new fangled 3D zelda malarky, but if it was a classic top-down Zelda (which it clearly wont be), the tablet screen could be used for quick access to inventory/maps etc...

that's how I hope a 3DS zelda woud work with the bottom screen (which has a higher likelihood of being top-down)

lightning099

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just considering the recent trend nintendo has gone with the franchise and the reluctants to drop the motion control it would make sense to build it so now the shield is also a 1 to 1 control system. Plus things like the boomerange could be aimed with the wiimote and thrown by gesturing away from the chest while holding the tablet horizontally.
Of course that last bit would only work if the tablet was secured to the persons arm otherwize we would have the 1 time play WII ULtimate Frisbee lol.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The problem with a strap-on attachment is ...Sorry: the problem with a strap attachment is that it pretty much makes your non-writing hand useless. And that means your other hand has to switch between moving, attacking and selecting inventory. And that's obviously not that good of an idea when fighting anything other than your basic enemy.

And for what purpose? I bet most people would just play the game while using the gamepad normally to begin with. The thing is in pretty much the same position, and unless you strap it on really tight, the action would be measured more reliably to begin with (I can already see how this is going: you're fighting that humonghuge spider from the demo...you're down to your last health...you're ultra focussed...she spits acid at you...you react instantly by QUICKLY pulling up your shield...oops: too quickly! The sudden motion makes the stringed gamepad swing around on your arm...and the acid hits you because Link holds his shield on the screen as if it was a dead bug).

The radar idea...isn't really new. IIRG, ZombiU uses the gamepad (among others) as a kind of radar/map that showcases the location of the monsters (kinda like the movie 'Alien').

You use the wiimote as a sword and the tablet as a shield. And than to anyone watching you look like a ridiculous dick.
Would you be able to use the balance board as well to walk around dungeons for TRULY immersive gameplay? :P

Reactions: 1 person

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You use the wiimote as a sword and the tablet as a shield. And than to anyone watching you look like a ridiculous dick.
Would you be able to use the balance board as well to walk around dungeons for TRULY immersive gameplay? :P

Nah, you would use the balance board for the jet ski minigame.

Reactions: 2 people

byronjj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having the game work with the tablet is going to be a challenge since the controls will like be with the Wii remote + and the nunchuk giving the Wii U gamepad a less definitive purpose other than maybe using it as a dungeon map or something in the likes.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I see it, if they are using both controls then they are going to have two players.
Whether actually two players or two players like the new rayman or Mario Galaxy 2.

deadmaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think it would be interesting to have different kinds of gameplay for us to choose from.

For instance, if you want to play with the GamePad, you could use the buttons to attack as any other game, without using the motion controls. Just buttons. The controller screen would still be useful as the map/inventory/gadgets/puzzles.

Now, if you rather use the motion scheme, you use the Wii Remote+ and the Nunchuk just like in Skyward Sword. You leave the GamePad somewhere next to you to use specifically as the map/inventory/gadgets/puzzles.

Those who'd prefer to play with the Pro Controller would have to pause the game to view and access the functionalities of the GamePad screen.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
think
tingle tuner,/ DS game,
like a some kind of map and or help screen
and you can write some hints on the pads if needed
miiverse can show hint and other things as well on the pad

you put the table in in front of you so you can see the TV and Pad at the same time

so you can look at the pad and see where maybe some hidden things are

you will still you the SS control system

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.