i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to hate dark chocolate, but I have been trying to get more into it lately.

I'm currently chomping down 95% dark lindt chocolate.

Do you guys like dark chocolate? How dark is too dark?

D

Deleted User

It is certainly an acquired taste, but it is fantastic given enough time & familiarity (and even better, they are nutritionally sound). I can't stand Milk Chocolate anymore, it's so "Artificial" by comparison *and naturally high in carbs/sugar*.

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I absolutely love dark chocolate. 95% is perhaps a little bit too dark for me I've found around 80% - 75% around the sweet spot for me. I've also found that the maker makes a big different in it too for instance I can't stand Cadbury's dark chocolate ( or anything from them these days, way to sweet and sickly since Kraft bought them out ), Green and Black's how ever I would happily eat until the cows come home.

Not to mention but current research suggests regularly may help with depression and anxiety.

D

Deleted User

Well then, see you're not a fan of white chocolate...

It's in the same vein as Milk Chocolate unfortunately. I am less concerned about the color than I am about the added Sugars. As a consolation prize I do like White Chocolate more than Milk Chocolate.

Reactions: x65943

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I absolutely love dark chocolate. 95% is perhaps a little bit too dark for me I've found around 80% - 75% around the sweet spot for me. I've also found that the maker makes a big different in it too for instance I can't stand Cadbury's dark chocolate ( or anything from them these days, way to sweet and sickly since Kraft bought them out ), Green and Black's how ever I would happily eat until the cows come home.

Not to mention but current research suggests regularly may help with depression and anxiety.
Guinea pig's aren't supposed to eat chocolate.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..I dislike most things, but I enjoy the benefits dark chocolate provides.
I don't eat it very often, unless it's melted on ice cream, but even then, I eat ice cream on seldom occasions.
BTW, vegan ice cream is a thing and it isn't so bad--good luck finding vegan ice cream made with hemp milk.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically ... White Chocolate ... isnt chocolate ... as it contains no cocoa solids
Agreed. White chocolate is just a marketing ploy to sell cocoa butter. You could get the same effect from basically any other nut fat.

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Agreed. White chocolate is just a marketing ploy to sell cocoa butter. You could get the same effect from basically any other nut fat.

It's sugar and fat and not a lot else - way too sweet and sickly. It's Chocolates bastard child, the rest of the family acknowledge but will never be accepted

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dark chocolate is the only real chocolate in my opinion, 95% is the limit though, higher and your just eatting Coco powder (pretty much dirt). This depends on brand though, some really high ones still taste like milk chocolate....

Last edited by Ericthegreat,
Reactions: Uiaad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction