Hacking Those of us who recieved working CycloDS Evo's

Trulen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can believe many people are intimidated, when buying a new slot 1 device, or replacing it with a CycloDS Evolution. I know I was!

Many reports of people receiving faulty units have flooded the team cyclops forum; it'd be a surprise if no one was intimidated!

The assurance of receiving a new, working one alleviated me in my choice, though.

I waited for it to come in, and in technically two days (I ordered it Tuesday, July 3rd, during the night. So it didn't get shipped until the 5th. I got it the 7th).

But the microSD card was in the P.O. box, so I only had the CycloDS evolution.
I opened the package, and there it was in a nice looking tin!

Contents were sparce. CycloDS Evolutoin and a microSD card adapter (which I don't use. Slow read speeds and it gets a bit warm).

Still, I grabbed the CycloDS Evo and popped it in my DS to see if it would recognize it.
Sure as sugar, it did. You wouldn't believe how relieved I was.
I tried fiddling with it more, but it prompted me that I needed a microSD card.
So I spent an hour waiting for my dad to go get it from the P.O. box.
Dirty old man told me it didn't come! So I sat in my room, fiddling with the CycloDS Evo, and he comes in and asks me what I'ma do since the microSD card didn't come. I told him I'd just wait for it to come in.
Then he throws the package on my bed. Avast!

It's been kicking every since. I've only experienced one single problem. That in "The Sims 2", when you click the options menu, the screen goes black. The game still runs and everything... You just have a black screen.

Long story short, It worked when I got it the first time.

Anyone else with comforting success stories?

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, so good for me -- knock on wood. I'm very happy with my current DS situation, and I hope to enjoy it for a long time to come.

There have been one or two games with a quirk here or there, such as Planet Puzzle League, which refuses to soft reset. But that's a very minor thing.

I'm also pleased to say that my card reader is still working just fine -- never a problem. I'm not sure if some folks were leaving their readers in their PCs for prolonged periods, or if the readers themselves were just faulty, but mine's been good to me so far.

The main thing is there haven't been any issues worthy of mention, and the support is very good. I can do more stuff with my DS now than I have time for.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go watch the rest of Curb Your Enthusiasm on my DS.
wink.gif

zeeter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far so good here. I'm using my 1GB Taiwan Kingston microsd that I pulled from my cell phone until my 2GB Japan Kingston gets here, but other than that not really any issues. I tried Castlevania POR (on the 1GB Taiwan Kingston) and it seemed to run fine with no freezing. It's a great cart. I'm also still waiting on my 3in1 slot2 cart which should be coming next week. I just can't wait til the next firmware update which supposedly fixes the LinuxDS issue.

freakygeeky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I now have two of them. Both have been fine - no issues. The first one I got right at launch, and the other I just got last week.

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine has been fine also. I rarely use it anymore, but it works great. I was also scared I was going to get a faulty one. But I thought, oh well screw it. I'd have TC replace if it came in faulty. But it wasn't, and it's been working ever since.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.