Those games you just can't seem to finish

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by BORTZ, Oct 31, 2016.

1. BORTZ
    OP

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Do any of you have games that just seem to hang over your head and you can never muster up the go ahead to finish them? I have a few:

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: I have restarted this dumb game over 6 or 7 times. At first it was because of how the laws worked, but the last few have been because I messed something up or one instance a cheat code pushed some data into the wrong column and broke my .sav.

Xenoblade Chronicles: I have restarted this one about 4 times now. God its so boring. I might be able to finish it this time, but only because its on handheld.

Persona 3: ALMOST became one of these games, but I was able to power through.

Anyways, does anyone else have games like this? I dont count games that dont really have a defined ending, unless you cant get past the tutorial or something :P

2. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Fake News Reporter

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Borderlands 1 here. Boring.

Indigo Marz likes this.
  3. Catastrophic

Catastrophic Perfectly Normal

Apr 28, 2012
    Somewhere
    Seconded on Xenoblade. I got to the part where you visit the High Entia but stopped after that. The game is just so slow and has like zero payoff.

Stopped playing Pokemon HeartGold years ago even though I had gotten all the way to the league. I dunno, just didn't feel like trying to beat them. Played the shit out of the original Gold, though.

4. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    Xenoblade - the combat is a turn off, but the gorgeous scenery isn't. The storyline takes way too long to get good, although.

Yokai Watch 2 - it's padded like a insecure teenage girl on prom night. The capture mechanics are damn infuriating and incredibly annoying to play. (I was trying to catch an Enerfly and literally quit out of the game because it was so frustrating.)

MHG - I loved and played the hell out of both the MH's on the 3DS. This game just never caught my attention, and I think I left it to one side while I played Binding of Isaac.

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire - I played it like a Nuzlocke with egg pokemon I bred in Pokemon X. I got through 3 gyms before being too underleveled and one of the random trainers taking out 5 of my pokemon. Nope, I'm not going through that again with Sun/Moon.

5. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Pretty much all the pogymanz games after HG SS cuz they're shit. ;O;

I've finished FF7 once when I was young, but nowadays I can't ever be bothered to finish it. I hardly get passed disc 1 nowadays.

Every Monster Hunter game I've played, they're just boring as hell.

And a recent one, I grabbed Civ 6 after only playing Civ 4, and I don't think I've actually finished any of the games I've started yet in Civ 6 including ones I setup to be super quick >.>

6. RevPokemon

RevPokemon GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl

Aug 24, 2014
    United States
    Fort Gay, West Virginia
    Hmm..

Sonic Adventure due to the Big parts
    Super Mario Sunshine as I lose interest in the latter part
    90% of RPGs

7. Demifiend

Demifiend The bored one

Mar 20, 2015
    Is incredibly sad to say, but the majority of RPG's that I have started have been... not finished at all by my hand, I started a crap-ton of them but finishing them?, good lord, some of them I haven't even played in YEARS, so I totally forgot what was even going on, so when I pick them up again, I'm like "Wait, what the hell happened in here?".

Its pretty much a curse, and for other genres?, pretty much, the only kind of games that I can actually finish properly are VN's and Sport/Platformers games like Mario Strikers or New Super Mario Bros DS, and the last one was completed by me around 4-5 years ago, so yeah, finishing a game is definitely not my forte, the only, only RPG I was able to finish (and without cheats...kinda) was FE, and not the old ones, I'm talking about the newer ones (Awakening, Fates, etc.) and is not even a proper RPG, it is a SRPG game, but that's the closest I got within the genre.

8. Ethevion

Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Sep 23, 2010
    Canada
    Dark Souls 3 and Mirror's Edge Catalyst. Lots of hype around these games but they were just too boring for me to play.

Indigo Marz likes this.
  9. Autz

Autz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 18, 2016
    Venezuela
    Gran Turismo 5. (Trying to beat the 24-hour race is just not fitting)

Kingdom Hearts 3D. (I don't know, but i always erase this just to have other games)

Fire Emblem: Fates. (Max difficult settings and seems that i got a fobia to it)

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. (Always stuck on Rottytops's Island)

Disgaea. (Redoing my 22-hour walkthrough from the very beginning doesn't sound pleasant)

Quake. (Because meh. More used with fragfests)

Wipeout HD Fury. (Same case with Fire Emblem: Fates)

Forbidden Siren. (Stuck with Naoko's alternate sequence)

Forbidden Siren 2. (PAL game on NTSC screen. What could go wrong?)

Jak 2. (Game disc got broken before the final levels)

And there's more.

10. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Kingdom hearts 3D.
    I just can't get into that character system ;/

Zetman likes this.
  11. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai snart

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    actually north korea. please send help
    Fire Emblem: if's Hidden Kingdom path. I'm literally right at the end, but I keep screwing up and having to do the last stage over.

12. Indigo Marz

Indigo Marz Indigo Marz - No HooX

Aug 4, 2011
    United States
    Funcoland
    Final Fantasy 7

I got this game the same day it came out in 97 (i was 7) and i got to the 3rd disc then...memory card corrupted

Middle school my friend let me borrow his ff7 then....second disc broke smh

High school i get a psp and already had the game downloaded...had to sell it

Now its on my ps3 and ive been at the part where you parachete into midgar from the highwind for like 6 months everytime i play it i end up doing a tiny bit then saving or just turning it off. (Gold chocobo most materia weapons armor and limits) and i still bullshit on ending it.

I think apart of me doesnt want to finish this game because i subconsciously want to retain that little bit of noatalgia...idk may sometime soon ill just go ahead and beat it

13. Attacker3

Attacker3 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2015
    Canada
    Underground, in my mother's basement.
    I ended up forcing myself to do it, but Undertale. Revoltingly overrated, it's maybe a 5/10 in my eyes.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  14. Kartik

Kartik Gbatemp advanced fan

Jun 6, 2015
    India
    github
    Super mario 3d land:-I lose interest after i reach world & RPGs

Last edited by Kartik, Nov 2, 2016
  15. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3/NV/4, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity, Call of duty black ops 1/2/3.. there are probably more

16. Attacker3

Attacker3 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 24, 2015
    Canada
    Underground, in my mother's basement.
    RPGs seem to be the most common so far. Too much freedom I guess, people get bored doing random shit that doesn't contribute to the bigger picture.

17. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Agreed 100%

I got bored when it made you have to earn star coins to beat the castle of world 5.

18. invaderyoyo

invaderyoyo invader

Mar 17, 2014
    United States
    Southern California
    FF, FF2,FF4, FF5, FF6, FF7, FFT Advance. I can't seem to finish any Final Fantasy games.

Fire Emblem Fates Conquest. I'm literally at the last fight, but I get pwned and I didn't like it much anyway. I thought Awakening was much better.

Super Mario 3D Land and World. They feel so boring to me.

Super Mario Sunshine. Not boring, but I never get around to it.

Metroid Fusion.

A Link to the Past, Wind Waker, Link Between Worlds, Majoras Mask

Advance Wars

Kirby Triple Deluxe

Kid Icarus Uprising

Odin Sphere

Dragon Age Inquisition

And lots more. I think my attention span with video games gets worse as time goes on.

19. osirisjem

osirisjem Wii U: Y U No Sell ?

Jun 19, 2011
    Canada
    Last level on Super Mario Galaxy 2.

20. BORTZ
    OP

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Thats like the opposite of this thread lol
    Ok serious talk, I remember getting Advance Wars 2 my freshman year of highschool and thought it was dope. I struggled my way to chapter 4 and a half. After that, I am pretty sure that unless you are a tactical mastermind or something, those games are near impossible to finish. Because here's why: I borrowed a friend's action replay and found codes for AW2. Even with infinite health, I was losing battles.

Tomato Hentai likes this.