Those Gamertag Sigs Some People Are Using

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by wrettcaughn, Jul 22, 2010.

Jul 22, 2010
  1. wrettcaughn
    OP

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    So, I see a lot of people who are using Gamertag monitoring services such as MyGamerCard in their signatures. I also see that MyGamerCard is "An Official Microsoft Community Developer". Does it concern anyone in the least that they are directly exposing their modding/pirating habits to MS themselves with their GT included? Surely MyGamerCard can track which sites are accessing which data.

Just curious.

2. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Or they don't pirate thier 360 games?

3. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Well I'm not a 360 pirate so I'm not concerned about it. [​IMG]

But if you're thinking that the Temp will be exposed via MGC, I wouldn't worry about it too much...

4. wrettcaughn
    OP

United States
    wishful thinking. i've seen people here with those sigs talking about the games they pirate, how to burn them, etc...

i've never pirated a 360 game, nor have i modded my console. but i also don't think that MS needs a way to link my Gamertag to some of the stuff I talk about here on gbatemp.

@R2DJ
    gbatemp isn't exactly "hidden" from anybody. not concerned about "exposing" gbatemp, more about people exposing themselves to MS.

5. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    It isn't. I would understand that their are a number of people here who value using Live and therefore don't pirate their 360 games. Guild has said countless times that he buys his 360 games. Or they can't be bothered with the effort to pirate. Yeah, some people pirate but I guess they don't care for online play and just pirate. TBH if I had a 360 I certainly wouldn't pirate it. Not everyone is a pirate baron.

6. wrettcaughn
    OP

United States
    regardless of whether people pirate, mygamercard tracks usage. it's all just a way to gather marketing and advertising data.

7. Danny600kill

Member Danny600kill xD

United Kingdom
    They couldn't prove you pirated it anyway, you could just be saying it to look ''cool'' for example where in real life you buy the games, Microsoft would make to many mistakes, plus you can get a gamercard for any ones Gamertag, it doesn't have to be your own, causing more problems