Hardware This Wii.....repairable or trash?

jaydeekay

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Hope I'm in the right forum for this.

A couple weeks ago my house got hit by lightning. I'm guessing it came in through the cable, everything else was on surge protectors. Long story short I lost a lot of stuff. >.<

Now with this Wii, I've tried 3 different sets of component cables & 1 set of composite & get the same thing. I can hear the opening chirp when you press A at the health screen, (I have it set to press automaticlly through priiloader) followed by the menu music, but no video at all. I can still sync remotes to it & they seem to function normally. The usb port the hdd uses still works also but my lan adapter got fried so I'm not sure about the other port.

I hate to lose this system since GC compatible Wiis are getting harder to find around here, plus the advancements made with GC usb loading. Are there any good places that can repair this sort of thing besides nintendo?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
More than likely the GPU fried, however as far as I know the Wii will refuse to boot if it's in that bad of condition. Try a different TV?

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try unplugging the power supply from the wii and the wall and let it set for half an hour to an hour, then reattach to wii and wall. On the site it says the power supply needs to reset just like a satellite reciever.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts_system.jsp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head