War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
So I ordered my Swap Magic the other day, right? That's great and all, but I don't have a DVD Burner, therefore, my SM is useless. So I've been looking to buy a DVD burner that is cheap for a couple days now... and I happened to find a rare gem that usually costs about 80 dollars, selling for... $35.00 o__o It's really nice brand, looks really good...

Now my problem is, it's only on sale for TODAY. And the only way to get it is online. My mom absolutely HATES purchasing things online, and she NEVER lets me. Not only that, but my dad hasn't given me my Christmas money yet (for obvious reasons really, we still have like a month to go), meaning I don't have to money at hand to pay her back.

So... basically, the cheapest DVD burner I've ever seen that is excellent brand and quality is escaping me ;___; And there's nothing I can do about it. It sucks because not only is it great, but it's in a store that's in he same city I live, so shipping would come in about 2 or 3 days.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Don't worry. They always say 'deal only lasting for today!', which might be true. But by the time Christmas rolls around there are plenty of other great deals out there too. Especially from boxing day specials.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
borrow from friends? but I don't like that practice
and maybe you shouldn't have bought 3x 2gb microsd cards
wink.gif

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Damn, hot

2. Black Friday sales, so yea, super cheap stuff

3. $35 is an average price for a really good DVD burner

4. You can't borrow somebody elses?

5. Preach the word of Paypal, very secure. Or convice them to give you a savings and get a debit card?

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Black Friday generally isn't celebrated outside of the US.

EDIT: and most Black Friday sales are not online (maybe not)

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, she linked to a US Best Buy website, and many of the sales this year are online. 24" Acer for $388 at walmart.com btw

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
1. Damn, hot

2. Black Friday sales, so yea, super cheap stuff

3. $35 is an average price for a really good DVD burner

4. You can't borrow somebody elses?

5. Preach the word of Paypal, very secure. Or convice them to give you a savings and get a debit card?
1. Yes, it is a hot deal...?

2. Yeah, I understand that.

3. No, it's not.Not around here. In fact, the cheapest DVD Burner I found around here was 70 dollars.

4. No, I can't. Not when I'll be burning DVD's almost daily, and several a day.

5. I tried to get a credit card. Was turned down many times.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. No, I mean....never mind that
3. You mean locally? Newegg is a great place but they don't ship outside of US
5. Nobody around that you trust enough to buy one for you? You would save quite a lot

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can go to FRY's electronics and pick up a cheapy dvd burner. Or try out some "mom and pop" shops and they might have a "special" Yeah, i Know it suck having to wait for stuff, especially when something new and shiny arrives at your door
frown.gif
Ask and see if any stores ship with "COD" (cash on delivery). Friends are key, just borrow a computer for a few hours
biggrin.gif

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Actually Destructobot, that looks exactly like it. Well, I guess my only chance is to buy it online... but at least now I'm not limited to just today.

nintendofreak: I actually looked in Frys already, but the cheapest is a $70 Sony one.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I think I'll try convincing my mom to get me the LG from newegg, but my mom has serious trust issues with online things, so I honestly am not expecting it to happen.

Just wondering... any computer expert out there know if this would be a good DVD drive to burn my PS2 isos?

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
PLEXTOR by far makes the best DVD-burners. LG is will get you the bang for the buck. If you have local PC stores, you should be able to get them for no more than $29.99, That's how much I bought my LG one for. Sony is a brand you want to stay away, since it has some reliability issue.
Also, rather than Swap Magic, have you ever considered softmodding using USB thumb drive exploit? Basically it runs games off hard drives and although it is not 100% compatible (With games that most people don't care about anyway), it doesn't need messy discs and it has no loading times, and you do not need any priating tools, just softwares you can download and a few PS2 accessories.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
I had Liteon drives, they have at least a few good models in the past, not sure about the current inventory though. Perhaps a place like tomshardware would be a better source of info

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think I'll try convincing my mom to get me the LG from newegg, but my mom has serious trust issues with online things, so I honestly am not expecting it to happen.

Just wondering... any computer expert out there know if this would be a good DVD drive to burn my PS2 isos?

You won't be able to get anything from newegg unless your mother is going to America to get you this DVD burner.

As for media, burning isos at very low speeds is the best way to go(not sure if all burners/media can handle speeds as low as 2x-4x), and I've heard Verbatim and Ritek are good choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM