This question was in my head a LONG time.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The arguement can be made that the bugs the break Melee are bad enough to break gameplay. While brawl fixes those bugs, the game is slower. The brawl characters are more user friendly so its not really a game of skill. just a game of chance.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The arguement can be made that the bugs the break Melee are bad enough to break gameplay. While brawl fixes those bugs, the game is slower. The brawl characters are more user friendly so its not really a game of skill. just a game of chance.

Like the final smash. Thats the biggest ball of chance in all of brawl

Slamicite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Melee has wavedashing and whatnot, Brawl removed them and added has lucky shots such as the Smash Ball or tripping. I wouldn't say Melee is harder, just that less luck is involved and it has a higher skill ceiling. As such, good players can also play faster.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Melee has wavedashing and whatnot, Brawl removed them and added has lucky shots such as the Smash Ball or tripping. I wouldn't say Melee is harder, just that less luck is involved and it has a higher skill ceiling. As such, good players can also play faster.

Also, Jigglypuff was the shit in melee, in brawl she's just shit...

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Brawl is slightly slower, more chance, but that's already been said.
I personally feel Melee was more fun, despite the clone characters.
It was a big improvement to the N64 SSB.
Brawl took smaller steps, but added a much needed story mode.

I prefer to use the Wi-Fi mod with Melee to play with my friends over an emulator.

EpicLuigi1134

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The difference is that Brawl is an actually fun game and Melee is just for tryhards who don't like fun in their games.

I really don't think melees for tryhards who don't LIKE the game, I think its for face-paced people like everyone else said at the top.

And I disagree a bit on the LUCK part. Yes Brawl added lame tripping but alot of it goes into skill not luck. You can dodge the trips by not going on the ground alot.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Brawl is floaty and slower paced. That's about it. I spend more time in the air than I ever did in melee. Aerial dodges of course also being way more forgiving. Also made catching items thrown at you so pathetically easy in Brawl.
I'm sure I could remember more if I tried. I like Brawl and I generally stick to it, but I definitely had more fun in the Melee days.

Also made some characters just awful. (Samus and Mario come immediately to mind)

The difference is that Brawl is an actually fun game and Melee is just for tryhards who don't like fun in their games.

Your post is more tryhard than melee ever could be.

EpicLuigi1134

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alot of characters from melee did get worse but I gotta say Luigi is less OP since in melee, doing one spin will knock the mother fucker off the screen.

But Mario sucks alot more in brawl since his moves has been changed a bit. Like his spin was replaced with a fucking water gun that no one hardly uses. Yeah its still there but you GOTTA BE in the AIR. His final smash sucks too.

And the fact that brawl added final smashes, some are just way to easy to dodge (link,zelda, Mario, Luigi) And some are fucking OP (Sonic,Pikachu,Samus,Lucas/Ness, etc) its really annoying. But Ness was improved from melee. Hes faster a bit, his powers aren't weak and hes a bit better at everything. But I like challenges, Melee will be my forever game.

Reactions: jonthedit

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Final Smashes are definitely completely imba. I can hit like 100% with link/toon link, but I get 1 kill. Maybe 2 if people group. 3 if people are retarded. But with the landmaster or the ball of rape (volt tackle), you can easily get 3+ kills. It's really unfair.
Though I will say ness and lucas' final smashes are awful. I can dodge them 90% of the time. But that just furthers the point...
I mean they're fun, but I assume tournaments turn them off. Otherwise people would just train as characters with OP smashes and focus only on smash ball destruction and dodging opponents till they get one.

As for characters, I just hate that they removed people. But I guess it makes sense. Most of the repeats were canned. Dr Mario and Roy were both just superior versions of their respective counterpart. Pichu or however the hell you spell it was just an awful pikachu. Young link was a better Link.

If they wanted to ruin Mario I think they should've added Dr Mario and kept his moveset the same or very similar. Kinda like how Toon link completely replaces Link by being better at almost everything. Mario would just be ignored and every Mario player could happily be Dr Mario.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
MELEE IS BETTER. THIS OPNION IS THE ONLY OPINION.

I found brawl to be a lot easier because of how slow it was in comparison, as well as being able to use the C-stick for smashes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended