This Monday: Miiverse & NNID for 3DS Incoming?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by GeekyGuy, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeekyGuy
    OP

GeekyGuy Professional loafer

Global Moderator
    Jun 21, 2007
    United States
    For what it's worth, Emily Rogers says U.S. 3DS owners should be excited for the firmware update due out this Monday. She can't say why specifically, but all signs point to Miiverse for 3DS and the new Nintendo Network ID.

What I know:

• Emily Rogers is some chick who writes about Nintendo, and Nintendo fans seem to care about what she has to say.
    • NNID aren't the droids you're looking for. It's a wallet system that connects Wii U and 3DS, not a true account system (from what I understand -- correct me if I'm wrong, sorry).
    • Miiverse is essentially Tumblr for Nintendo platforms (?)
    Anyway, we'll see what happens. Update is due this Monday Dec. 9.

NakedFaerie likes this.

2. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    I'm looking forward to the new and creative ways I'm going to get banned from miiverse.

Kippykip, Jiehfeng, Kyouhei and 23 others like this.
  3. joshstyle

joshstyle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 13, 2008
    United States
    ^COMMENT OF THE YEAR

4. VMM

VMM Hamon > Stand

GBAtemp Patron
    VMM is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 1, 2010
    Brazil
    If this is true about NNID, then why the fuck did it take so long to be released?
    We all we're waiting for an account system, and when it seemed to start becoming a reality we discover it's this.
    I'm wondering what have been going trough the mind os Nintendo HQ people, why didn't they make an account system since 3DS release?
    And why they haven't pronounced about doing it? Is it so much to ask for such old-fashioned gaming company?

gamefan5 likes this.
  5. dicamarques

dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Jun 25, 2010
    Portugal
    Your computer's Recycle Bin
    Yes it seems to be right, eshop will have scheduled maintenance for this monday.

6. Parasite X

Parasite X Banned

Banned
    Jul 6, 2009
    United States
    Katy Tx

Where do you come up with this stuff this is funny :)

7. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    I hope the shared network ID and wallet comes on monday too, i have some 3DS money sitting waiting that i want to spend on the SNES games on Wii-u. But it finally seems like the 3DS is doing stuff that it should of had from the start, with youtube and the mii-verse on the system. That should help them sell a few more units over christmas, unlikes the wii-u which is doooooooooooomed (But i still like it)

8. SignZ

SignZ Timelord

Jul 16, 2008
    Germany
    Pretty much looks like it, yeah. First the eShop maintenance in the middle of the night, now her tweet. That's gonna be nice. :)

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  9. chrisrlink

chrisrlink your friendly neighborhood serial killer

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    Elm street
    next pokemon piggy bank

10. DJPlace

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    let's hope for no more FC's nintendo!! if not i'll Awesome you Nauts!!

11. kingsora831

kingsora831 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2012
    United States
    NYC in College
    Just a lil edit, i would'nt call miiverse "Tumblr-esque", i think its more like a forum really.
    Where tumblr you can link to others posts and pics, you cant really do that on miiverse.
    You just post comments/pics, n follow people you like thats about it.

Anyway, looking forward to miiverse on the 3ds nonetheless, hope it does come out on monday.

12. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Better grab your emuNands while you can folks.

She has always been right about updates.

13. servant

servant GBAtemp Regular

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    ah just about lost my shit laughing at op, so much lacking in interest.

14. DJPlace

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    should this be in the new section or something once monday rolls around?

15. Chaosruler

Chaosruler GBAtemp Fan

Jun 5, 2009
    Iceland
    Tekoa
    if this is true, this trolling will cost them a lot of fans

16. Chaosruler
    This message by Chaosruler has been removed from public view by Cyan, Dec 8, 2013, Reason: double post.
    Dec 8, 2013
  17. tecra_a8

tecra_a8 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2009
    Indonesia
    because if ninty does complicated things that, most kids will be confused and they'll stop gaming on nintendo (maybe?) lol

18. Mario92

Mario92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 20, 2010
    Finland
    Finland
    Disabling private messaging and then releasing Miiverse. Makes no sense at all and now I can't draw penises to my friends and drawing them to miiverse just gets me banned.
    NNID seems to have so much limitations so like said it's mostly to connect funds for those who use prepaid cards and own both consoles. I myself usually add only required amount when buying something.

Nintendo should definitly get their shit together and if they are afraid of minor audience then just promote parental controls more!

19. DJPlace

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    they just want mikey's not to see other people drawing peoples other mikey's. but it may get rid of those shitty FC's. but just what we fucking need gamefaqs 2.0....

20. blahkamehameha

blahkamehameha GBAtemp Regular

Mar 31, 2010
    United States
    I had horrible timing, I JUST sent a friend a Supercard as a gift too...Which I'm sure this update will have 'system stability' and block it ^_^

21. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    Why do people keep quoting the desire to draw pictures of a penis as the biggest reason Miiverse sucks? Are you all stuck in the closet and need to explore your homosexual tendancies in the form of art to other people? The vast majority of which are almost certainly underage. (A fact im sure most of you are aware of)

Miiverse is awesome and the fact they hide rude stuff is just making the world a better place. I agree that rudeness exsists in the world but it shouldnt exsist in gaming, gaming is about fun and connecting people. If you are so desperate to send a picture of a penis to someone then go to the bathroom and use your phone and text it to a random number. Its the same effect but noone will do that because they know its childish immature and not right, so why is doing it on miiverse any different?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.