Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mad.gif
If some of you saw my old thread: "My Cousin Got a fake R4"
Then, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Alright, so I went over to his house today. Apparentely, he has a REAL R4.. I asked him about the blue sticker, he said there never was one. (The Pic was in the other Thread)

I was pretty amazed, as I heard he got it for a cheap price. (25USD approx.)
It came with a 1GB Kingston too!
hate2.gif

I put the MicroSD in, and said "I'll help you set it up."
He said that he set the R4 up already.. I put the R4 in his DS and booted it up; the R4 menu came up.

I asked how he set it up; He said he searched "How to set up R4" on Google, and it gave him the instructions.
He saw me on a ROM site before, so I guess that's my fault... That he has a "DS" folder.
I looked in, and saw a bunch of games; Nintendogs, various Mario games.

And I finally realized..
This pissed me off..

First, his parents can easily get him a DS game, yet he got a Flashcart.
His parents own a Pants-Factory, reeling in the income; they sit their ass on the couch all day.

I have to work my ass off with Minimum Wage (I'm in HS, don't look at me like that), so I don't have the money to constantly buy DS games; along with paying the Rent for my apartment.
This is probably me being jealous of their money, but oh well..

Would you be pissed if you were in my situation?
dry.gif

~Nero

MODS: If this is in the wrong Sub-forum, please feel free to move this thread, I don't really know where I should post this.
tongue.gif

Asch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Of course I would!
Mainly because he has the money to "not partake in illegal activities".
Also, because he has more money than me ¬¬
Even though I'm 18 but I'm still studying, so my dad buys me everything, but since I'm in a foreign country, playing roms in here is not something "bad", but original games and systems cost a fortune. (For example, the 360 there cost 350 u$s, right? Well, in here it's 700-800u$s) It's not even funny T__T

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
if you really hate him then you could always go with the "accidental" flashme corruption of firmware
wink.gif

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, why not buy a flashcart with your saved up money instead of new DS games?

I do have an R4.
-Start reading sigs.
biggrin.gif

@Sekhu: Yes.. It is quite silly.. But it's just hard to think that my cousin has parents that see a $20 bill as Spare change, but he can Pirate, not to mention he has no sense of value. (He BROKE the DS I gave him as a gift)
dry.gif

~Nero

guy121

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is always going to be someone better than you in one way or another. So take what you have an enjoy it
smile.gif

Either you can sit there and let things like that get to you, or you can just be happy you have the things you have.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Either you can sit there and let things like that get to you, or you can just be happy you have the things you have.

This, just owned this topic.
Anyways.. Thanks for that post.. That helped alot.
biggrin.gif

@mercluke: I'm pretty sure a WiiSD and a regular SD card are the same.
I just like calling it a 'WiiSD'.
laugh.gif

~Nero

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, some people are just luckier than us I guess. But honestly, if I had that kind of money, I wouldn't bother with ROMS "at all" and I might as well buy real games and support the developers. Unfortunately, I can't and I've got lotsa expenses for myself, so I can't spend a fortune on my entertainment.

I would probably feel the same way as you do, but don't even think about getting revenge or something. That'll only lead you to the Dark Side
biggrin.gif

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, some people are just luckier than us I guess. But honestly, if I had that kind of money, I wouldn't bother with ROMS "at all" and I might as well buy real games and support the developers. Unfortunately, I can't and I've got lotsa expenses for myself, so I can't spend a fortune on my entertainment.

That's exactly my situation.
I guess I have to learn to accept it.

I'm gonna ask him to play WOW2 with me when Winter Break starts. Hopefully, it'll be fun.

grog.gif
Good night everyone!

It's past midnight over here, and I'm sick..

~Nero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs