Homebrew This isn't really a technical question, but...

MochaMilk

That one weird Furry Artist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been away from the 3DS scene for a few months now. (Because my SD slot went bad and I can't open my 3DS cause of stripped screws, and am too broke to have it opened for me or to buy tools.)

Sooo, I was wondering... What have I missed?
Like, if you could sum up the top 3 juiciest releases or news, what would they be?

I've been doing massive school stuffs, chores, and art stuffs for people (trying to raise mons) so I haven't really gotten the chance to browse the threads.

So, thanks to anyone that comments!

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been away from the 3DS scene for a few months now. (Because my SD slot went bad and I can't open my 3DS cause of stripped screws, and am too broke to have it opened for me or to buy tools.)

Sooo, I was wondering... What have I missed?
Like, if you could sum up the top 3 juiciest releases or news, what would they be?

I've been doing massive school stuffs, chores, and art stuffs for people (trying to raise mons) so I haven't really gotten the chance to browse the threads.

So, thanks to anyone that comments!
  • New version of memchunkhax (Nintendo did a shitty job patching it so the old one works but with new stuffs... I dunno, not an expert.) So downgrading is possible.
  • Arm9Loaderhax: Permanent CFW + Guaranteed boot rate. Current CFWs are CakesFW and Luma3DS. @Plailect has a great guide on getting it set-up with as few risks as possible: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/ .
  • ReiNAND has been replaced with AuReiNAND, which is now called Luma3DS. Notably has a9lh support.
  • Yellows8 figured out a workaround for the browser blocking on 9.9+.
  • SMD secondary entrypoint released by SALT team.
  • Lots of other stuff I probably forgot to mention.

Froster

Your Music Producer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sounds interesting. More cfw?
Yup,right now one of the best CFW is Luma3DS (previously AuReiNAND). But there are also other cfw to mention like SaltFW (Luma3DS that works only in sysnand in a few words).
While A9LH is a "coldboot" (but not only!) that works by manipulating FIRM 0 and FIRM 1 to boot a special .bin file. It takes very long to install but it really is a nicer thing that menuhax. With it you can ditch EmuNand and use sysnand instead.

Edit:ninja'd :ninja:

Last edited by Froster,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all