Hardware This is the year of the PSP !

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) 1 million psps sold in 2 months...k, 1 million ds+wiis sold in 2 weeks
2) sales for psp going up...wasn't that number 1?
3) psp has more good games to play....but they are all ports
4) psp has better ps3 integration than ds to wii....whoop?
5) psp has better media capabilities...i want to play games on my game system
6) psp has better add-ons....oh, wish ds had a useless gps function
7) psp sold as well as the ps2....sales again? wasn't that 1 and 2?
8) sony's planning a psp phone....again, i want to play games

Chotaz

I'm back! :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1) 1 million psps sold in 2 months...k, 1 million ds+wiis sold in 2 weeks
2) sales for psp going up...wasn't that number 1?
3) psp has more good games to play....but they are all ports
4) psp has better ps3 integration than ds to wii....whoop?
5) psp has better media capabilities...i want to play games on my game system
6) psp has better add-ons....oh, wish ds had a useless gps function
7) psp sold as well as the ps2....sales again? wasn't that 1 and 2?
8) sony's planning a psp phone....again, i want to play games

I 2nd that...

Owned xD

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
HEY ! how did my name change lol

Well after so many posts your name changes automatically. My name used to be Lord Evingsworth Smackerbutt.
lecture.gif

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still say both the DS and PSP are evenly matched in my book.

I couldn't choose between them if my life depended on it...
nyanya.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't say it was interesting myself & inaccurate too. Hasn't Sony said the PSP Phone isn't real?

I'd doubt the PSP will overtake the DS, it has a very long way to go and DS sales have actually beaten PSP lately, which is still pretty good considering the fact that over 20 million have been sold while the PSP has just sold over 7 million. PSP was picking up after the Slim was released but now they're back to averaging 50-70 thousand a week while the DS does 65-80 thousand a week.

The PSP hasn't really got that many big titles in the future compared to say the DS which has a ton of Final Fantasy & Dragon Quest games still to be released. Thats not saying the PSP hasn't got any good games to come, it has but nothing that will shift as much as the DS has.

I'd love the sales to be closer as that will kick Nintendo up the arse and they'll do even more to make it succeed over the PSP, even if the DS sales got worse all they need to do is do a new model and lots of sales will follow.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
P

pasc

Just some Fanboy who got owned (again ^^)... Why can't they just finally accept that it is no use arguing about the 2 systems. Anyone chooses what he wants, nuff said.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Can't say it was interesting myself & inaccurate too. Hasn't Sony said the PSP Phone isn't real?

I'd doubt the PSP will overtake the DS, it has a very long way to go and DS sales have actually beaten PSP lately, which is still pretty good considering the fact that over 20 million have been sold while the PSP has just sold over 7 million. PSP was picking up after the Slim was released but now they're back to averaging 50-70 thousand a week while the DS does 65-80 thousand a week.

The PSP hasn't really got that many big titles in the future compared to say the DS which has a ton of Final Fantasy & Dragon Quest games still to be released. Thats not saying the PSP hasn't got any good games to come, it has but nothing that will shift as much as the DS has.

I'd love the sales to be closer as that will kick Nintendo up the arse and they'll do even more to make it succeed over the PSP, even if the DS sales got worse all they need to do is do a new model and lots of sales will follow.

Just over 7 million? Did you even read the article? the PSP sold 12 million in one year... Total sales is much much MUCH more than 7 million, same with the DS more than 20 million but not much more... Lol The PSP has no big titles.. The PSP has God of War ( not the ps2 version ), and so what if games are ports? They buy a PSP to play games on the go don't they isn't that why it's called '' Playstation Portable '' ? Nintendo won't release a new model, I seriously doubt they'll make a new hardware revision, unless you mean like a whole new handheld, in which I don't think many people will follow especially considering the DS is fine for their needs. Really the Article has good points.

D

Deleted User

DS is easier to hack. It just takes a little piece of hardware called an R4. No dangerous downgrading the upgrading of firmware. DS will win out because of that in the end.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ugh. PSP is terrible. I'm so glad I sold mine. Why did the article keep bringing up sales though? DS has sold over 53.64 million units. DS is the fastest selling console in the history of the universe. I could go into more detail of why the DS is better, but I don't think anybody would care.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
DS is easier to hack. It just takes a little piece of hardware called an R4. No dangerous downgrading the upgrading of firmware. DS will win out because of that in the end.

Yeah because everybody buys systems to pirate games right?
I do so I imagine there would be other likeminded people around.

Yeah because you = everybody right?

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
In the United States there are only 12 PSP games coming out in the next 6 months. Retailers and devs have abandoned Sony's portable. Certain retail chains, such as Target, have already put PSP Slim accessories on clearance, even though the machine just came out, and it is before the Holiday Season. Talk about having no confidence in the product.

And speaking or retailers PSP sections have been shrinking in stores all across the country. I should know, I work as a secret shopper.

The PSP is getting crushed in sales worldwide.

This is definitely not the year of the PSP. This may in fact be the year the PSP dies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over