• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

This is so messed up; Dragon Ball Anime VA accused of sexual harassment

SG854

Hail Mary
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Is anybody following the crazy situation with Vic Mignogna the voice actor for Edward Elric for Full Metal Alchemist, and Broly for Dragon Ball?

He got fired over this. And even other voice actors some from Dragon Ball have turned against Vic.

This isn’t a nothing case. This shows that our society has changed for the worse. This really could happen to any male now. Your family members, friends, people you care about. They all could be under sexually harassment cases without any proof and have their lives ruined. Even the most nicest people out there. It’s a negative trend that when people talk about it they just roll their eyes and say you’re over exaggerating. But it’s not an over exaggeration.

So many times, too many actually, of these types of cases pops up that people go on a witch hunt before any evidence is presented. A level headed person should wait till after evidence pops up not before.

There even evidence of people trying to frame Vic and photoshop images to ruin his reputation. And a female a spoke out and said that one of the pictures being used against Vic, she actually was totally fine with him hugging her, and stories about her feeling uncomfortable is actually untrue. Even hugging is now sexual harassment.

His life is pretty much ruined. Even if he gets cleared and no proof comes up, he done. People aren’t going to trust him. He’s probably going to have a harder time finding a job. And there’s going to be people out there that are going to rationalize him not getting criminal charges as proof of a toxic male society, where men have power and let other men get away with crimes. And it’s because of these people that are going to be the problem for why he is going to have a harder time in life now. This is really messed up.

Reactions: Coolsonickirby

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't know what evidence there is against him, and I doubt his employer shitcanned him for nothing, but if he never faces charges in court then his life definitely isn't "ruined." He'll find another job without issue.

And not to sound cold, but I don't really care about English dubs. :P

Last edited by Xzi,

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to confirm: plenty of evidence has been cropping up that this is fake. One of the girls whose faces were censored were proven to be photoshopped(?), and the exact image shows her smiling comfortably with Vic. She also admitted that the people were spinning her mood out of control (edit: basically put, they were using her images without permission).

Then right after that, there were images circulating that show the people who are spearheading the "OutwithVic" movement were intentionally modifying the images, and removing people from their private facebook(?) or discord(?) convos, forget which, when they spoke out against these people. They were saying some really suspicious things like "This isn't going to garner enough hate" or something like that.

When AnimeNewsNetwork was confronted for using a fake image, they took it down, proving they realize they didn't want that on their belt.

Then we had multiple people come out and providing evidence left and right that Vic was innocent, only for twitter to ban all these accounts.

There's a point where possibility that this was a frame job, becomes a reality.

Source btw:

(Admittably these mostly come from the same 2 people , you can search up about Vic in general on youtube, since most 'proper media' sites are focusing on making this a hitjob.)

Last edited by VartioArtel,
Reactions: Coolsonickirby

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
From a Polygon article, it sounds like Funimation did conduct their own internal investigation and fired him after it concluded. Apparently he was also previously removed from RWBY for similar allegations?

gman666

Cubicle Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just can't even deal with social media or the like anymore... It's seriously a mob mentality and reason flies TF out the window. When there are allegations it's, "Why would anyone lie.. I believe the victim!". But when there is solid proof that these claims are BS it's, "Innocent until proven guilty only applies to a court room". WTF?! :hateit:

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
From a Polygon article, it sounds like Funimation did conduct their own internal investigation and fired him after it concluded. Apparently he was also previously removed from RWBY for similar allegations?
Sounds like it's the same allegations... So, yes... The accusation can be all it takes. The Companies want to protect their image, whether he's proven guilty or otherwise.

Not to mention, Polygon is a terrible news source. 100% PC agenda driven BS that stems from issues like this. The comment section alone is pure cancer.

Last edited by Kioku,

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Internal investigation's usually a term for "Did the victim say this? Yes? Fire them". There's little to no actual investigation, and there's more proof that this is bullshit. The VA of Bulma for example has been found to be confirmed lying and spiralling this out of control. Mind you, for months now Bulma's current VA was a known SJW Extremist (AKA the sort of SJW who goes after anyone they can).

After things looked bad for her, she suddenly posted on twitter something down the lines of "Vic also molested me, I will bring more about this in the near future" to play the victim narrative to change the target of outrage.

Edit: In advance, I appreciate SJWs. I mean the moderates, the ones who want actual equality with Males, who acknowledge that Women/females do bad things, that if an allegation's made investigation should be held against women as much as against men, etc. The type who realize equality means being held to the same standards, not a higher standard.

I am in no way in favor of "SJW Extremists", the type who will try to raise females as something greater than men, who go out of their way to make any men they feel egotistically enthreatened by suffer, etc.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Internal investigation's usually a term for "Did the victim say this? Yes? Fire them". There's little to no actual investigation, and there's more proof that this is bullshit. The VA of Bulma for example has been found to be confirmed lying and spiralling this out of control. Mind you, for months now Bulma's current VA was a known SJW Extremist (AKA the sort of SJW who goes after anyone they can).

After things looked bad for her, she suddenly posted on twitter something down the lines of "Vic also molested me, I will bring more about this in the near future" to play the victim narrative to change the target of outrage.
Like Nintendo choosing to keep the Russian bigwig. If it doesn't affect their image with self-proclaimed victims (no, I'm not finger pointing)? They don't care. This particular instance poses a threat to their image for the extremists. So, yes, they're more than willing to cut ties without a proper investigation and pretend they did something worth anything.

Last edited by Kioku,

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like Nintendo choosing to keep the Russian bigwig. If it doesn't affect their image with self-proclaimed victims (no, I'm not finger pointing)? They don't care. This particular instance poses a threat to their image for SJWs. So, yes, they're more than willing to cut ties without a proper investigation and pretend they did something worth anything.
It's funny, because in a similar thread, remember that new Anime? Shield Hero?

The staff there got confronted in an interview about the 'controversy' about the woman playing fake-assault allegations by SJW Extremists*. The Japanese company was entirely "What?" in that interview.

The issue is that Americans just... they take the SJW extremists too far in their word. They're giving too much power instead of just calling them on their BS, giving a proper investigation, and suing them whenever it's proved they're wrong for slander, libel, etc.

Edit: Again, I am going to emphasize that there's a difference between SJW Moderates, and SJW Extremists. I accidentally only wrote SJW because of trying to shorthand the post.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Again, I am going to emphasize that there's a difference between SJW Moderates, and SJW Extremists. I accidentally only wrote SJW because of trying to shorthand the post.

Good point.. Altered my posts...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Again, I don't know all the facts, but it seems like he has not just one but multiple accusers, and they all worked closely with him. If he thought he was fired unfairly he could've sued his employer, but that would also bring a closer scrutiny upon himself; a double-edged sword.

In any case I put little stock in the 'conspiracy to take him down because he's a popular straight white male' angle, it'll likely be another straight white male replacing him. Vic has options for proving himself innocent in the long run, if that is indeed the case.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, I don't know all the facts, but it seems like he has not just one but multiple accusers, and they all worked closely with him. If he thought he was fired unfairly he could've sued his employer, but that would also bring a closer scrutiny upon himself; a double-edged sword.

In any case I put little stock in the 'conspiracy to take him down because he's a popular straight white male' angle, it'll likely be another straight white male replacing him. Vic has options for proving himself innocent in the long run, if that is indeed the case.

Where do you get multiple? What even is your source? Do please post it. Because all allegations seem to be from 'Fans'. With modified images. Some of which they didn't even own. Or have no evidence whysoever (Bulma's VA). Bulma's VA is the only known in-house case.

This is excluding the fact we had a whole entire facebook(?) conversation of SJW Extremists (one of which supposedly one of those framing Vic) admitting to trying to blow this so hard out of the water it looks like someone pulled an underwater hiroshima.

You want to have me believe, since Bulma's VA only came out roughly 3-5 days after the allegations started, that Funimation within 1 day was able to conduct a detailed investigation which proved without a shadow of a doubt Vic's actions with FANS.

Edit: Grammar and phrasing updates

Reactions: Kioku

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Where do you get multiple? What even is your source? Do please post it. Because all allegations seem to be from 'Fans'. With modified images. Some of which they didn't even own. Or have no evidence whysoever (Bulma's VA). Bulma's VA is the only known in-house case.

This is excluding the fact we had a whole entire facebook(?) conversation of SJW Extremists (one of which supposedly one of those framing Vic) admitting to trying to blow this so hard out of the water it looks like someone pulled an underwater hiroshima.

You want to have me believe, since Bulma's VA only came out roughly 3-5 days after the allegations started, that Funimation within 1 day was able to conduct a detailed investigation which proved without a shadow of a doubt Vic's actions with FANS.

Edit: Grammar and phrasing updates
Looking into it further, I guess you're right. I thought the RWBY and Bulma VAs were different people, but it was only one co-worker and several fans accusing him. Like I said, there are options to prove himself innocent. Hire an independent investigator or just sue for wrongful termination and let everything come out in discovery.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Kioku

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious if @RustInPeace has any tidbits?

Why did you mention me? I don't like this subject. I haven't watched a lot of Vic's work, unless he did a voice I didn't know about. I haven't seen FMA(B), RWBY, any of those. The original Broly movies, yes, the new one? No, haven't seen it yet. My connection with him is not as strong the ones I have towards Sabat and Schemmel. This only came to my attention because of Derek Padula, Dragon Ball scholar, for lack of a better phrase. I follow him on Twitter, he quoted a tweet from Monica Rial where she was planning to go in on this sexual harassment thing. He then did a very long article on his site, thedaoofdragonball, about it. I haven't read it all, but I bet it's the most objective article on this case. r/Animedubs has a megathread on the Vic saga, which was helpful in getting me up to speed after the stuff I saw on Twitter.

That led to a Youtube rabbit hole, and you know when you click on one video, suddenly you're recommended loads of similar ones. I'm saying that because I clicked one video that defends Vic, and most of what I've consumed, sides with him, and calling out some stuff from various accusers, last night I watched a scathing video against Monica Rial. As a result, I'm swaying towards Vic's side. I'm not fully invested in it, mainly because this is not something I want to experience. I would rather be blue-pilled when it comes to these kind of people. While Vic isn't the biggest VA in my life, he still did Broly, so there's that.

I will faintly follow this, I am curious if Vic will lawyer up. It could be that he is a sicko, or he isn't, some very solid proof would be nice, but I am exposed more arguments and proof of his innocence, rather than his guilt. The extent I've seen, which is a small degree, is that he's touchy-feely with his fans, but they seem to allow it. Pictures of him hugging, kissing on cheeks, anime fans are that...I don't know, weird, personable, wanting, whatever the right phrase is.

I typed a lot so I wouldn't have to post here again, barring new information or something. Personally, I lean towards SJW agenda more than actual justice being delivered. This is a general thing, and I get the SJW stench quite a lot. I could definitely be wrong though. I won't feel some type of way about it, because I'm choosing not to be loud on this. Anyways, I'll share a Youtube video I've seen, whether they're right or wrong, that's whatever you want to believe.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking into it further, I guess you're right. I thought the RWBY and Bulma VAs were different people, but it was only one co-worker and several fans accusing him. Like I said, there are options to prove himself innocent. Hire an independent investigator or just sure for wrongful termination and let everything come out in discovery.

Exactly. Everyone's telling Vic to go the nuclear option. They have tarnished his reputation, and ruined his livelihood. After the Broly movie he should be fine for a while, but he needs to begin making strategic nuclear action against Funimation & Rooster Teeth for unlawful termination, the SJWs for slander and for forging evidence, Anime News Network for Libel, etc.

Basically put, he NEEDS to begin crushing this movement at the windpipe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs