OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I've never mailed a package. I mean, I did mail my DSi back to nintendo for screen repair, but they sent me a label and stuff and I just stuck it in a drop box so I've never actually gotten a label and dropped something off to be mailed before...

I'm in the US, and I need to mail my video card back to ASUS to RMA it. I've gotten the e-mailed instructions on what kind of packaging they want and the address and my RMA number and crap... but I don't really know what to do. I'm actually pretty nervous about new people and situations... do I just like, go up to the local post office, and ask to buy an appropriately-sized box and shipping label or something? Will the label have an "Attention" line (which I need for the RMA number)?

I want to don't walk in there holding my thing-to-be-shipped and stand around not knowing what to do like a dumbass...

purplesludge

anyone have any ideas for this space
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I sold my ds I went to the post office and asked them what I needed and they got me a box and a label for international shipping.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use USPS, so I basically order some free boxes, I then choose from the boxes which is the appropriate size to use.
Once that's done, I tape the box with the item inside and that's set. Afterwards I go to the USPS website and create a shipping label with the info the person gave you, the label cost depends on which box you used.
The site will charge the money off a credit card that's registered and allows you to print the label. I then tape the label and go to a USPS building (One is near my house),
they'll look at the box and shipping label and see if they match up, they'll ship it to where it needs to go the next day.
I hope that was a little helpful.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I use USPS, so I basically order some free boxes, I then choose from the boxes which is the appropriate size to use.
Once that's done, I tape the box with the item inside and that's set. Afterwards I go to the USPS website and create a shipping label with the info the person gave you, the label cost depends on which box you used.
The site will charge the money off a credit card that's registered and allows you to print the label. I then tape the label and go to a USPS building (One is near my house),
they'll look at the box and shipping label and see if they match up, they'll ship it to where it needs to go the next day.
I hope that was a little helpful.
That's actually very helpful, thank you.

ASUS wants 2 inches of padding around the card itself, the card's 9.5 x 4.5 x 1.5, so I need a box that's about 11 x 6 x 3 at minimum, and while there is a 12 x 12 x 5 box on the USPS site, it seems they only want to send boxes in groups of 10, should I just head to my local post office (there's one in town) and pick up a medium flat-rate box (13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8") and shipping label, package it up, and bring it back or something?

junkerde

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did the same, i rma'd a product from there. just use any box as long as its just plain white or cardboard color(i literally just used a product box for a network card i got that was all white) write the rma number on it and adresses as usual, just give it to the post office, theyll tape it up and youll pay a small fee, tahts it.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi