This is crazy, but I have an idea.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Selim873, Jun 28, 2012.

Jun 28, 2012
  1. Selim873
    OP

Member Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

United States
    Okay, I'm not a hacker or developer or anything but I think it would be a fantastic idea if it were possible.

I've been seeing the whole DIOS MIOS and Devolution thing going on, and I recently experienced that the Dolphin emulator was able to connect with VBA with Joybus emulation. We've seen that the DS being able to connect with the Wii correct? Well, if we flashed the GBA bios alone to an EZFlash or running the bios binary rom file in DS mode, do you think with work on both consoles, that GBA port emulation would be possible?

EDIT: I just realized that this would be better off in the Hacking section, but I think this would deal more on Hardware for some reason, if the mods can move this to the appropriate section, that would be great!

2. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    Wait...what? If I understand correctly, you're asking if we can emulate a GBA port and then use it by...loading a GBA bios from a DS?

3. Selim873
    OP

Member Selim873 Nunnayobeesnes

United States
    It's hard to explain, but let's say we can use the hardware in the Wii that connects to the DS to emulate the joybus connection as the GBA would connect to the Gamecube, and using the hardware in the DS to emulate what goes on in the GBA, with that actively emulating in DS mode while there is a connection between the DS and Wii active, the bios would believe that it's a GBA currently connected to a Gamecube, and the Wii would think that there's a GBA in a port. Maybe that helped?

4. Tom Bombadildo

Contributor Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip
    United States
    First of all, there's no way in hell the DS will ever be able to emulate GBA games. Ever.

Secondly, only...50? GC games supported the GBA port and even less GBA games supported it. The only reason you would even need it is it you have a Wii without GC ports.

5. ComeTurismO

Member ComeTurismO CTO

Canada
    Actually only the DS lite will be able to emulate GBA. But I find this idea very confusing in my opinion! SCDS2 or iPlayer can help for the DSi. I think hackers and creators should try creating something that someone would want, and go on to finding and discovering hacking/modding/jailbreaking for the Nintendo 3DS and future consoles to be released (when they do come out).

6. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    In GBA mode access to slot-1 is cut off.

That pretty much kills ALL slot-1-GBA stuff besides emulation.