1. JuanMena

OP JuanMena GBAtemp 90's Fan

Mexico
    This is a Fanart I've been working on for the past week and I'm doing it for portfolio purposes.
    I've been using my blog to post my everyday drawing "training" in order to record some sort of progress without having to use my laptop's memory to store image data... yeah... sorry'bout that. At least I'm not shitposting... even though sometimes the urge to do so is so strong!

Anywyas... About half year ago, I decided to "train" myself to draw realism without the use of any reference. And I've chosen to create "fanart" of Marvel Characters and Videogames and whatnot.
    I'm using a Notebook, so my Hardware resources are very limited... I wish I could have a powerful laptop in order to blast the painting with lots of layers and over 1000px Airbrushes :creep:

But alas... I gotta do what I can with wath I currently have. Maybe if I'd go slower and smaller with my stuff? I've been using sizes about [email protected] and Sketchbook seems to handle it BETTER THAN Gimp and Medibang.
    Besides... I've found that Sketchbook even with my limited resources, it handles this very well and it's performance is amazing.
    Only if my skills where a little bit better... that and my hardware :unsure: I cannot wait to try Sketchbook with dozens of RAM and a powerful Graphics Card!

So, as I was telling in my blog, I found a folder containing 1993 Marvel Pepsi Cards (Do you remember them? I still have one album) and I found about Firestar...
    The cards, I think, were drawn by Jim Lee. The 90's Jim Lee... so even if you do not recognize the character (and I wouldn't blame ya) the design I drew is based on that card. So her costume is... let's say... the original one.
    If you look about her in Google, you'll find out that there's nothing, absolutely nothing equal to this design. I will try, though, to draw her with her more contemporary costume, seems easier...
    So... again... been drawing without any reference, and this is just a practice to get my brain used to color, light and shadow, proportions, and many other things that are too technical.
    I would've done another blog entry, but I'm an attention whore... WELL NO, IS JUST THAT THIS WOULD BE THE THIRD TIME I POST ABOUT HER... and that's kinda boring.

FireStar16.png
    Absolutely NOT finished. I just got bored... and I want attention.
    Don't know how to paint leather... so maybe next year.

x65943 likes this.
  2. x65943

x65943 Dr. Rabbi Prince X, Sr., Ed. D.
    Global Moderator

United States
    Dang that's pretty good man, keep it up!

3. JuanMena

OP JuanMena GBAtemp 90's Fan

Mexico
    :grog: thanks pal.
    If I might to be honest... I've been playing Paper Mario the Thousand Year Door for 4 days straight.
    I'm sort of disconnected from everything right now lol,

x65943 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted